LGBT Feelin GREAT...

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by kme, Aug 10, 2008.

1. kme

kme New Member

And mostly because of you all :)

Though I've never actually conversed with anyone here, I feel like I know a hell of a lot about you all, so I'm going to attempt to level the playing field a bit. :o

I'm 22, and in Boston for school (one more year. yay!) Originally from LI, as I see a couple others around here are. I've been lurking around in here like crazy for a loooooong time now, pretty much ever since I've been contemplating what to do with regard to my sexuality. Anyway, now it's story time!

So, especially due to pen's account of his recent experiences (come on over to boston, so I can thank you proper ;)) I told myself that it's time to start living... I think I realized that I can't go on the way I am forever; lying about why I don't have a gf, suppressing my true feelings/desires, etc. So I made the most of this weekend since my little bro was coming to visit.

Last night I came out to him. I knew that of my family, he would be the least reactive, most understanding, and the situation would be the least awkward. He actually took it REALLY well and was incredibly supportive. It was so great just to get it out.

Now it's on to the parents... I'm pretty sure my mom will take it okay (ala whatever makes you happy) but I think it's going to be weird for a while with my dad. I'm pretty sure he'll come around though. I'll probably bring it up next time I visit them. The plan right now is to sit down with both of them, I think it might be awkward telling them separately.

And now since I'm single and available, it's time to find that someone. :wiggle:

Crap, that was more than I was intending to write :eek3:

Cliffs: finally decided to come out, only to my bro so far, he took it really well, and I'm feeling great about it.

Mad props to the closet cr3w for all the support! :greddy:

2. Naturally Baked

Naturally Baked Active Member

nice man! Congrats!

Must feel great :hs:

3. Diesel Freak

Diesel Freak ♂♂ Closet Crew OT Supporter

Congrats dude. :wiggle: It's nice when you start accepting and embracing who you are. Best wishes!

4. vlsi0n

vlsi0n New Member

Why are dads always the slow ones? It's a step in the right direction! :big grin:

5. Bib-Lettuce

Bib-Lettuce New Member

Congrats, I was alot like you not too long ago (22 lurker, started posting here around the same time as coming out)

6. Ahhh glad I did something good... :)

Hope everything goes well partner. I think my little brother knows but we'll see. Maybe you can convince me to tell him...lawl. I still also haven't told parents...dunno when I will. Keep it real and have fun out there. :)

7. blaq19

blaq19 New Member

Congrats

8. kme

kme New Member

Thanks everyone!

Yeah, that seems to be the trend... wtf???

9. Sam Gamgee

Sam Gamgee Every tool is a weapon if you hold it right. OT Supporter

Congratulations on coming out and beginning to live your real life (not the life that you've been expected to live)

Good luck with the rest of the family!!! :)

10. NOVAJock

NOVAJock Modded & Underrated

Very cool. Congrats and glad to see another Bostonian on here.