SRS feel like venting

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Zimmy76, Jun 8, 2006.

1. Zimmy76

Zimmy76 I like my beer like I like my violence, domestic

sorry for the long post, cliffs below

I didn't feel like having a bunch of assholes giving me shit so I'm posting this in here instead of the main forum.

Today has just been a shitty shitty day. Actually it probably started last night, went to walmart to pick up a few things and my credit card got declined. I made my payment on the 1st of june and it wasn't due till the 10th, I have over 1500 dollars of avaliable credit on the card. So I don't know why it got declined, I tried it again at a gas station tonight and still no luck. I then tried my bank card of which I have over 1700 dollars in my checking account, and got declined again.

I made reservations at a canoe/camping place a couple days ago. I was supposed to get a confirmation email and haven't, today I realized my card has been getting declined so maybe it got declined for them too. I was able to get the last good spot available and now I'm worried it's going to be taken. However it pisses me off that the resort didn't give me a call telling me it got declined, they had my cell #.

A couple weeks ago I got out of a carpentry program and still can't find a job. It seems like every place that is hiring(at least the ones that are adversting in the paper) all want someone with 2-3, 5, or 15+ years experience, which I don't have. I've sent out 35+ resumes to plumbing/ pipe fitting companies and haven't heard anything back. It's just upsetting me, the only reason I have money is because my mom is helping me out. I'm greatly thankfully for her to be my mom because of how much she's helped me out, but I'm tired of being a drain on her.

I was hoping to get a job in a union plumbing/ pipe fitter, or a carpentry job but I'm about to go get a job at McDonalds so I have some money coming in. I was just hoping to get into a career, not just another dead end job.

cliffs: Credit card has gotten declined even though I have 1500+ available, bank card got declined even though I have 1700+ in that account. Got out of school, and can't find a job, feel like I'm a drain on my mom whose helping me out.

2. Cheshire Cat

Cheshire Cat New Member

call your bank and the credit company there may be a problem. someone may have stolen your #'s. if that has happened the quicker you handle it the better off you will be.

i dont know what to say about the job but i'm sure you will find something soon :hug:

3. big 1

big 1 New Member

Man, that sucks. Call your credit card company and see what happened. did you pay off your student debts? also, for finding a job, try a temp agency or a hiring agency to hep you find a job.. like YMCA

4. Zimmy76

the credit card I'm having problems with, I had the previous number stolen(no idea how). Any maybe the magnetic strip on the bank card is fucked up, but I was able to use it at one of the atms.

5. Zimmy76

I actually have about 1 grand left due to the school, but it was financed through the school. Also there's no way the school could mess with my credit card, or my bank card.

6. Zimmy76

well I now know why my credit card was delined, I forgot to activate it:doh: I thought I did, but I called the credit card company today and found that out. As far as my bank card is concerned I'm about to go up there and find out.

I was able to get ahold of the resort I'm going to in July, and they didn't give away the lot I rented for canoe/camping trip. So I was happy to hear that, and I recieved confirmation so I know my CC works.