SRS Feel like a loser who hasnt accomplished anything, confused on what to do!!

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by quamen, Mar 7, 2009.

1. quamen

quamen New Member

I feel as if i haven't accomplished at damn thing at the age of 27. I went to college and got a BA degree in criminal justice/sociology. It took me a longer time to finish because I moved to a different state, work etc. Now i work in a max security prison making a whopping 17 shitty dollars per hour. I have a student loan, a car payment, insurance etc. After i pay everything i dont have enough to afford a house, apartment or any means on living on my own.

Im stuck at my parents house and I am lost on what to do, where to go to make more more and have financial security. I do have a small side auto detailing business I make some extra money on, and try to live very conservative. I just feel very pathetic and as if im never going to get ahead no matter how hard I try. I have been looking for better paying jobs, but I havent gotten any callbacks or responses for my resume posted on job websites. My dream job was to become a police officer, but getting into the department is so hard.

2. porsch1909

porsch1909 OT Supporter

Post your CV and lettuce see

3. Skulksonaplane

Skulksonaplane New Member

join the military

4. wimp

wimp New Member

what exactly about becoming a police officer is so hard to do?

5. sundance424

sundance424 New Member

You can live on your own with $17 an hour. You don't get a new car or a fancy place, but unless you're in socal you should be able to get a place for about 1/3 of your monthly income.

If you're laden down with debt then pay it off until you get a raise or find a roommate. Living at home in your circumstances isn't something you should do for long or you'll probably never move out.

6. Raisedshoulder

Raisedshoulder Some Blode.

It's not the becoming an officer that is hard to do it's the fact that it's a very competitive field.

7. konrad109

konrad109 New Member

Get a roomate and a shittier car. $2000 a month should be enough to atleast get out on your own. My parents were raising 3 kids at one point making a combined total of like $22/hr.

8. Sloi

Sloi Back up in your ass with the resurrection

Don't feel like a loser because you haven't "accomplished" anything: pretty much everybody you'll meet will fall into that category.

9. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

Not trying to bash the OP, but this is the kind of thing I was talking about in my Videogames thread in On-Topic. Games make it so easy to feel like you've accomplished something important, and you're always the center of the universe when you're playing them, that it makes it that much more obvious just how small and insignificant you are in real life.

So I ask the OP: what have you tried to do, that should've given you the sense of accomplishment you're looking for?

10. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

Move to Mexico. They need all the cops they can get down there.