i feel like an ass but i feel like this is the right decision. my gf's mom sold her house and is looking for a place to live. at this time she has no place. i love my gf's mom. she's awesome. however she is VERY financially irresponsible. a big procrastinator. her only source of income is cutting hair at her home. her husband is an ass. never has a steady job and currently doesnt. he's basically like a 40 yr old child with no idea of the real world. her mom asked my gf if she could stay with us for a month while they found a place. my living situation. i bought the place. pay all the bills. (my gf lost her job and at this time is working making 8.50/hr so w. her bills she cannot afford to financially help me. prior to this she paid me a set amount. at this time she makes up for it by being in charge of all house chores). ** gave background incase some of you wanted it to make a decision on what you would do. i told my gf that they could not move in. if it was just her mom i would not mind as much, although i would still be on the fence. im certain that what will happen is that one month will turn into 2, into 3, etc... neither are motivated enough to make me think that they would actively look for a place and be out in a month. plus they have two kids. i dont want 4 extra people living in my home for who knows how long. i even asked my gf why her mom didnt ask her mom. my gf explained that grandma has already told her no bc "i have bailed her out enough!". that made me feel even worse about it. but, at same time, makes me feel like id be right about her over staying her welcome. my point to my gf is that i would rather be an asshole and say no now then having to ask them to leave at end of month. i can already see the: "but just one more week!" "im sure we'll find another place soon!!" etc... either way i look like an ass. my gf initially called me selfish but after i explained her the whys she understood. but still, im sure she's not happy... it is her mom. thoughts?