feel as my age/living at home situation= no woman my age like me?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by quamen, Nov 20, 2006.

1. quamen

quamen New Member

I have a big issue im dealing with here. Im still attending college pt at the age of 25,due to opening a business that took up alot of time. The job i have right now i make 200-300 dollars per day, and im saving my money. My current living situation is living at home in my parents very big home. While i do have my personal space because my rents home is way above average in size, i do still live at home. Im trying to save money to lay down a large portion on a house instead of renting an apartment. It seems like most girls are turned off by this, and i feel kinda shitty letting them know my situation. I do take care of bills for my home such as food a couple times a week and othe stuff,but that doesnt excuse the fact. It seems to get any woman to think im not some type of bum, i have to leave and rent a place?

2. Toda Party

Toda Party .....

It probably has more to do with the way you tell them about it. You might feel embarassed, and women will pick up on that.

3. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

Yeah. I still live at home with my parents. I'm 22, just started a new job, and am working on saving up enough money to be able to move out. And that's what I tell people. Absolutely nothing to be embarrassed about.

4. Sybian

Sybian She's with me...

I'm 28 and I still live at home... Not a good situation. I feel the same way you do. You have to try to get out of there. Most women at this age won't be able to swallow it when you tell them.

I have been fortunate to date women far younger than me that don't really seem to care. I'm starting to feel the heat now though.

5. enfiniti

enfiniti How firm thy friendship ... OHIO!

HOLY SHIT I hope that isnt right thats like 90,000 a year...

If that is right you damn well better move out of your parents. You can lay down a nice down payment on a house in a month or 2 with that

If you meant like /month /week or something then think about what is important. Getting an education, or finding a girl

6. thevirginlauren

thevirginlauren New Member

OK, this is something no guy would ever hear a girl say... so listen up....

education is not as important as satisfying your non-girl statis.
    girl=sextual activities= happiness= staying healthy.

see the logic. i know i know school is important. but, i am able to have a really amamzing SO that makes me happy every day after i get out of school. (well, except for days that i have to work, but that is only twice a week).

so, take the advise... don't let you self start feeling bad that you live at home. us girls can catch that a mile a way. if saving up and all that future planning is what you really want... then just stay at home. but don't let the girls think that being at home is a bad thing.

7. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

You would be far better off renting a room for $300-$500 bucks a month from craigslist.com than living with your parents. Even if your roommates are idiots, women will at least see you not being child-like.

Remember, women want a provider, not a boy who still has to be taken care of by his parents. If you live at home, you give the impression that you're still like a child.

8. huntz0r

huntz0r New Member

Man, if you're making 200+ a day, you can easily afford a cheap 1BR apartment without roommates. I make half that, and I can afford it. Renting does suck in some ways, but it's not a total waste of money. It's still a roof over your head that you aren't depending on anyone else to provide.

Aside from the obvious benefits (no woman over the age of 21 wants to come back to your "room" in your parents' house), moving out is just a step in life you have to take. Once you have done it, you realize why.

That said, to a good woman, where you're going is more important than where you are. But I would still advise you to move out and rent till you can buy a house.

9. JustaMeThang

JustaMeThang New Member

I rather date someone who lives at home,while banking their money for their future, then someone who is wasting money on rent, just to seem 'grown up'. I dont mean that meanly either, I just wouldnt frown upon it. Im 25 and cant afford to live on my own, therefore Id be a hypocrite to look down upon someone around my age that lived at home as well.

10. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

trust me though, once you DO move out, you start to see people who still live with their parents as sheltered and naive. handling your own business is an important step in life.

11. NCS

NCS Active Member

if you can explain it the right way, it wont make a difference. of course, you can't take them back to your place, really...

12. Sandoz

Sandoz New Member

Yes.

:sadwavey:

13. bandwagon

bandwagon Copy/Paste

These are all self-limiting beliefs. Stop making excuses and go out and pick up some women.

14. DSAzeppelin

DSAzeppelin New Member

bleh...I have been living on my own since I was 18...and I did that for two years up until a month ago.

however after college and a lot of bad stuff happening that hurt me financially...I was forced to move back in with my family. So I'm 20 and living with my parents and my 2 sisters.

I've been living here a month sofar and I can't stand it so I'm getting my ass out of here the second I am able to afford it(paying off about $100,000 in student loans right now)

15. JustaMeThang

JustaMeThang New Member

I see your point. Living home can be seen as sheltered and naive, just as renting out of desire versus necessity can be seen as financially wasteful. It does have perks either way.

My experience is many people move out to be alone, independant, etc, which is a wonderful thing, but many in the end, find themselves living check to check, little in their banks accouts...not creating any kind of nest egg for their future.

I think the best advice is to do what you can do, just make sure you can do it comfortably.

16. quamen

quamen New Member

wow i see both sides here,the good and bad. I am very independent in the ways of handling my own business,going to work, paying all my own bills etc. I just hate the fact of renting, due to I have nothing to own after im done paying for a certain amount of time. It might be that time to move out on my own, just have to see what this job offers me. I have been with the company for a short period of time, but i think they like the job im doing, so i should be secure enough to get a little place of my own. Thanks for the advice,but at the moment im still here in my little room banking money.

17. Sybian

Sybian She's with me...

Honestly, this life is all about money. Nevermind the women. Stack your money up and move when you're ready.

18. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

have you looked into just buying something? i dont know what kind of area you live in, but a starter condo or something shouldnt be out of the range of someone who makes 90k a year. that will be a much better investment then just banking the money and will also solve you girl problem.

19. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

im not saying you are wrong, but i still hope i never agree with you :hs:

20. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

Had I know that when I was younger, I would be living rent free right now. Long story short, buy a house as soon as you can. The goal should always be to pay the thing off before you're 50 so you have few bills when you retire.

21. buddha724

buddha724 New Member

i don't think it's that big a deal since you're still going to college. i think any rational person would understand that.

i'm in college, 23, but i don't live at home... i'm thinking i might have to move back to the rents place for a while after college though until i can land a job and all. i'm not really looking forward to it but i realize that you gotta do what you gotta do...

ps i'll be on a teacher's salary after i grad so don't feel bad... i know i won't be embarassed.

22. BradUF

BradUF Guest

I am 21 and I live at home but I can't really aford to move out. It is just me and my mom in a 4 bedroom house so there is alot of room. I don't see how not having your own place comes up with girls though.

23. buddha724

buddha724 New Member

some girls might be turned off by going to mom and dad's place.

i can understand that if the guy really isn't making an attempt to move out or do anything with his life, but a guy like that might have other issues when it comes to attracting women anyway.

it seems like the thread starter is on the right track though, saving up to buy a house is a very good decision imo. hopefully the ladies will see it the same way, having a plan for the future and what not...

24. BradUF

BradUF Guest

I guess it does not effect me that much since I don't do the one night stands.

25. Socrates

Socrates New Member

You need to move out ASAP!

I am just coming off active duty from the military, still living at home, and my future roommate can't move out for another month, and I hate it! I make up for it by NEVER being at home, haha.

One thing Poco told me a few months ago was to say this "Yeah, I just came home from the Marines and i'm looking for a place to live. My parents are AWESOME though, because they are letting me stay with them until I find a place, and not making me pay rent or anything!"

I say that a lot, then completely drop the subject. If you don't make a big deal about it, neither will she.

But still, I honestly think I could get twice as many girls if I had my own place NOW to invite them back to.