WEB Feedback on a semi-old site

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Ender0910, Mar 20, 2008.

1. Ender0910

Ender0910 woot!

This was a site that a friend and I coded up a few months back. The basic concept is a free image host for PC Game screenshots. Thumbnail generation, allows hotlinking, and helps you categorize your screenshots or browse other screenshots.

http://focusedgamer.com

Tomash let me use a crapload of his screenshots which was cool.

But besides that, the site has very little traction. Basically, I'm a programmer with no idea how to promote a site. Any suggestions on how to improve the site to add incentive for people to upload their images?

2. rogueslg71

rogueslg71 New Member

navigation seems small to me and theres a big area of nothingn at the top that doesnt make sense to me. make the information paragraph much bigger and easier to read, you want people to go there and sign up , not read the news under that area. other than that i dont realy know much about promoting other than get some gamers that are well known on game forums to start using it and people will catch on . maybe advertise on gaming forums too?

3. Vailripper

Vailripper Daywalkers have feelings too.

I kinda like the concept...

Design isn't bad, I would make the navbar standout more, the links are extremely small (I'm on 1680x1050). The navigation also feels a little disconnected from the content area of the site...I would probably move the content area up a bit.

It's a little late obviously but I don't think the name is very good...Focused Gamer doesn't really give you any idea of what the site actually does (but in the age of Flickr's, what does).

As far as promoting it...find some funny screenshots, submit to google, hope for the best...

Could also install google analytics to fine tune pages...

And of course pimping it whereever you go...