MMA Fedor's performance

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by Sammo, Jan 1, 2007.

1. Sammo

Sammo New Member

Almost submitted by Mark Hunt!

He would have been beat by Cro Cop, Nog, Barnett and even Tim Sylvia if he was fighting any of those guys instead. If he has another performance like this you could probably end up making the argument that Cro Cop is #1 now.

2. Bausk

Bausk New Member

Hunt beat Cro Cop not too long ago.

3. SCirone

SCirone Moderator

Dont forget, Hunt was also using a weight advantage to lay on top of him, but wasnt doing anything. And that sub attempt wasnt all that close

4. Sammo

Sammo New Member

Cro Cop had a messed up ankle and that was a questionable decision. I see your poin though.

5. HouseLing

HouseLing When masturbations lost its fun you'r fucking lazy

yeah, its hard to shift that much weight, even if your better.

6. Sylva

Sylva New Member

It's not like fedors' never been in trouble before, he had moments like this in a few fights before. Like fujita, and randleman. Does that take away from his wins? I don't think so, if anything it should add to them b/c it shows he can come back from the face of adversity and finish a fight.

7. Sammo

Sammo New Member

The difference is that Randleman is an incredible wrestler (multiple NCAA champion) which explains the suplex and Fujita is known to hit very hard. Mark Hunt is NOT a submission/takedown expert.

8. Sylva

Sylva New Member

True.

9. Bausk

Bausk New Member

Hunt really did suprise me with his poise on the ground though. I give him props for his fight.

10. jmx2323

jmx2323 OT Supporter

having not seen it, but having seen his performance against Barnett in the OWGP one would assume Hunt working long and hard on the ground game after that fight.

11. SRT910

SRT910 New Member

I watched the fight he seemed a little off, but really when you have such a big guy laying on you, its hard to move, also to take such a large guy down is also not easy. From what it looked like he didnt want to slug with him for too long (who would his head is concrete) and he was trying to take him down, just a bit of bad luck that he ended up on the bottom.

12. furst

furst THE BOWRD OT Supporter

broken big toe

/thread

13. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

:ugh:

that's a bold statement with no real sense behind it. Every fighter is different in every fight.

Yeah though, Fedor's performance wasn't as good as usual, but you have to keep in mind, Hunt is an incredible striker, that's why he's in pride. On the ground, his fat ass can just lean on a dude and fuck his game up from oxygen deficiency because he's putting too much weight on their chest to allow them to breathe properly. Fedor is still on top of his game, afterall, he beat Hunt and didn't get submitted EVEN THOUGH he was .0000001 inches from getting submitted.

14. Kuet

Kuet New Member

must we all remember though, before this fight in the last 12 months all fedor did was let coleman go into the 2nd round.:mamoru: He MIGHT of had a little bit of ring rust:dunno:

15. McClane

McClane Who Killed Marilyn?

Hunt fought great, but I really didn't think the subs were as close to actually being converted as people want to believe. I was still screaming as I watched though. :noes:

16. apman0000

apman0000 OT Supporter

sure it's possible for crocop and others to win against fedor, they are world class best of the best fighters who could beat anyone on any given night (even though they haven't managed to beat fedor yet so why do people keep saying shit like this) but seriously were you serious when you put the goofy bastard tim sylvia on this list? including that goofy bastards name on a list with mirko and discussing fedor is just wrong imo

17. Sammo

Sammo New Member

That would be the case, but now that Cro Cop went to the UFC, it won't be as easy

18. Sammo

Sammo New Member

Okay, like I said before Hunt isn't an exceptional submission artist, weight aside...:hsugh:. It was a bad performance, plain and simple...a bad performance against the guys I listed equals a loss unless they are having a bad performance as well.

19. metallikatz56

metallikatz56 New Member

In my opinion, what defines a great champion is his ability to keep composure and make the necessary adjustments when in a tough spot. Fedor did what he needed to do to nullify the kimura attempt, then got back on his feet and nailed the twist takedown. You could argue the same thing about the guillotine that Barnett caught Nog in. Most other fighters would've tapped. No one is perfect, and if Fedor dominated every opponent with flawless victories, then I'd question the level of talent Pride was throwing at him.

20. xinster

xinster New Member

lol tim sylvia.

21. Mejnoon

Mejnoon Active Member

Yeah but Hunt didn't take him down, he just escaped an armbar and ended up in side control. And he wasn't even close to submitting him...look at how easily Fedor defended it. Props to Hunt for an incredible performance, but I don't think Fedor was ever in significant danger. He underestimated Hunt a little and it showed in his performance. That armbar was not Fedor-quality, if it was the fight would have been over just like that.

22. Mejnoon

Mejnoon Active Member

And another thing. I think Fedor finished with a Kimura just to prove a point. "Oh, is this what you were trying to do?":mamoru:

23. xinster

xinster New Member

ok i just watched this shit this thread is a complete exageration of how close the sub was. that armbar was in the corner with not much space to maneuver. it was shitty and loose. it didnt take fedor long to regain control. a few surprises from the grappling game of hunt, but what do you expect he would train in now? fedor took him down easily

24. SCirone

SCirone Moderator

Weight aside? 60 lbs isnt exactly something you just dont look at.

25. Sammo

Sammo New Member

Hunt should have just stepped over to the north-south position with Fedor to have a better chance of pulling off the submission. Refer to Diaz vs. Neer. It wasn't really close, but it was close for Hunt on Fedor.

By the way, the first time Hunt was in side control was because of a failed armbar. The second time he was in side control was because he botched one of Fedor's takedowns and ended up close to submitting him.