Fedora Core 3 source?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by beez, Mar 7, 2005.

1. beez

beez New Member

I just installed FC3 on my laptop today. Right now I'm trying to install the linux-wlan drivers for my multiport wireless apater but I'm having trouble getting the source tree set up. The release notes to FC3 contain instructions for getting the source. I've gotten up to the point of running rpmbuild on the .spec file, but when I get to the 'make oldconfig' step nothing happens. The instructions in the release notes are vague.

1. I guess I'm putting .config in the wrong directory but I have no idea where it should be. I can't seem to find a Makefile anywhere :hsugh:

2. beez

beez New Member

Nevermind - I found the makefile, but the wlan configurator still doesn't like my source tree. I guess I'll just get a torrent of the source and work it out like that.

3. FreeSpace

FreeSpace Guest

Fuck! You had the same problem I had with my Belkin 802.11B USB adapter, haha!

Yeah, Red Hat are assholes for putting the source on an SRPM.

4. beez

beez New Member

Yeah it's just silly. I'm also having issues installing VLC. Apparently I'm missing a few multimedia libraries. I appreciate the challenge of setting up a new system but the whole not-working-out-of-the-box thing really sucks.