MMA Fedor Emelianenko's Camp Wants One-Fight Deal In The UFC

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by CRaiNK, Jun 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRaiNK

CRaiNK ЧЕМПИОН

The Los Angeles Times posted an article yesterday about Fedor Emelianenko's management pushing for a one-fight deal with the UFC[​IMG]. Emelianenko, whose contract with Affliction ends with his fight with Josh Barnett on August 1st at Affliction: Trilogy, had once agreed to a contract offer from the UFC, however the written contract was supposedly different from the one that was agreed to. Joost Raimond, the operations manager of Emelianenko's global promotion company M-1, invited the winner of the Brock Lesnar - Frank Mir UFC Heavyweight Championship fight at UFC 100 on July 11th to attend the Affliction show, and stated that they want the UFC to allow Fedor to fight on a card fully run by the UFC, albeit under a one-fight contract.
    "The fans can come out and push for this, and make it happen," Raimond said.
    "They want the fighter's mind, soul, body, heritage and his two cats and dog if they can get it," Raimond continued. "Let's not do this with Fedor. Let's try to figure out how to do this, because Fedor is willing to fight anyone, anytime, anywhere. We have an exceptional fighter here. People are saying, 'Let's see him fight the best.' "
    UFC President Dana White has often noted that he wants Emelianenko in the UFC, telling the Boston Herald last October that "I want Fedor to come in and fight the best. At the end of the day, I’m a fight fan.” He has often noted that Emelianenko's management have always been the ones preventing a deal from happening.
    When asked if Emelianenko would consider joining the UFC if he were presented a better contract than the one he was offered in 2007, Raimond replied, "We'll look at it."
    "Under the present [contractual] conditions, nothing will be considered for any amount of money. That last contract they offered us doesn't work out."
    It's thinking like that from Raimond which seems to guarantee that we will never see Emelianenko in the UFC. The UFC has very little, other than a possible one-time buy rate, to gain from Emelianenko signing for a one-fight deal. The only way it would be beneficial were if Emelianenko were signed and lost to someone like a Randy Couture or Brock Lesnar[​IMG]. However, since anything can happen in MMA and an Emelianenko victory is likely against any opponent the UFC puts in front of him, all they would be doing is making Emelianenko an even more marketable free agent.
    Here's hoping that one day the UFC and Emelianenko can work out their differences, and we will get to see the 'The Last Emperor' inside the octagon.

2. Sammo

Sammo New Member

they (Fedor's managers) just want to promote their shitty organization, who gives a fuck - the UFC aren't going to do it, and I can't blame them

3. turbodude

turbodude Just a photographer OT Supporter

never gonna happen. Dana is a business man, there is absolutely no benefit to the UFC by agreeing to this. I can see a 3 fight deal. but 1 fight is just dumb

4. saabguy

saabguy Active Member

Fedor vs. Kimbo :eek5:

5. Ghost of Swayze

Ghost of Swayze Ofcourse you mad

The only way i see this happening is under 2 conditions

Fedor will have to fight the loser of Mir/Lesner..no way can he get a title fight without having to defend the belt.

The fight would be under a UFC promotion...bottom line

6. Matt Hood

Matt Hood New Member

I don't know why he would fight one fight in the UFC. He should go fight in UFC if he's going to do MMA seriously. If he wants to do all his other shit he needs to stick with Affliction.

7. Redneck Shinobi

Redneck Shinobi Well Jules, the funny thing about my back is that

You kidding me there are tons of reasons. Exposure is one and there are still a lot of people who don't know who he is. I honestly can't blame Fedor for not jumping in to the UFC, plus he's already fought the best and still will. I'd like to see it, Brock Vs Fedor would be something I'd love to see and might as well do it now before Brock gets a lot more experience.

8. Thomas Crenshaw

Thomas Crenshaw New Member

hope thats not serious. dont insult fedor like that

9. SCirone

SCirone Moderator

We get it, this has been said every 4 months for years. Quit making threads about this stupid shit

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.