GUN Feather Rav-22,9mm & .45 acp

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by insane4cefed, Feb 24, 2009.

1. insane4cefed

insane4cefed New Member

I am trying to pick out a gun, after searching through tons of pics and researching each one that interested me I found this particular gun to be rather appealing.

However in my attempt to find information about it I found very little, one forum I did find that talked about it started off pretty possitive and made me want to get it, but as I read down the page it got very very negative so since I was on this forum and it had its own gun section I figured I'd see if anyone on here has owned/shot one of these and could give me any information or their opinion on it.

http://www.featherusa.com/index.html - main website

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=122760020 auction ad for one.

I am mostly attracted because I want a gun I can make my own and this gun seemed very "accessorizible" and I liked the looks of it too.

2. I have never heard of that gun before. If you want a gun you can "accessorize" you'd be better served by getting something much more common.

3. jehan60188

jehan60188 New Member

get a glock

4. Hooch

Hooch New Member

Feather are poopy

5. sprite

sprite Active Member

Never personally owned nor shot a Feather but most of the reading I've done on points to them not being terribly robust in terms of function.

6. PorscheRacer

PorscheRacer You see this? It means not welcome

They look like a mall ninjas wet dream.

[​IMG]

7. insane4cefed

insane4cefed New Member

Well whats gearing me towards something like this is where im located the gun ranges dont allow assult rifle types to be shot because the range isnt long enough.

So a SMG type rifle that uses pistol ammo is ideal for my situation because I want to be able to actually take it out to the range and shoot it. Shot several witness 1911 model pistols I just feel like im looking for something different, I thought I found it but aparently this gun is junk from what Ive managed to find out about it.

8. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

From my understanding they're kind of crappy (unreliable)

Spend a little more and get a pistol caliber AR.

9. Or just buy a pistol.

10. TwoGuns

TwoGuns Medical Crew

Where do you live?

Hi-Point Carbine, Keltec Sub2000 or whatever they're called, the weird beretta laser rifle, AR 9mm carbine, there's lots of options here.

11. insane4cefed

insane4cefed New Member

I live in wichita kansas, there is 2 shooting ranges intown that im aware of. 1 has a rifle range but they dont allow high powered rifles because someone blew out their backstop with an AK.

We do have an outdoor range that i could shoot at but its seasonal and I want to be able to shoot whenever I want.

I looked at a Kriss, it looks decent and it has alot of talk around the gun ranges around here.

12. So, are you set on a rifle? If you just want something to shoot and it has to be a handgun caliber, what's wrong with getting a handgun? You'll spend a lot less and, with any luck, it won't be one of these strange obscure brands.

13. jehan60188

jehan60188 New Member

He should get a Gloack, or perhaps a Sig Soyer

14. insane4cefed

insane4cefed New Member

Well I go shooting with my grandpa just about everytime I go. In his bag of guns he has a .22 rugar a .40 s&w a .45 ACP witness and a 9mm witness 1911.

I can shoot his guns as much as I want, they are all pistols too. I want a rifle type over a pistol because I feel its more versatile than a pistol. That and again the fact that my grandpa, uncle, friends .. whoever goes with me all have pistols of some sort.

15. Versatile for what? The greatest strength of rifles is that they shoot "rifle-powered" ammunition.

16. Dumbstixlars

Dumbstixlars Ron Paul/AR-15/Glock/old car/Scooby/R/C croo OT Supporter

That's a shitty range then, a properly maintained backstop will not be destroyed by an AK.

17. Liptonucf

Liptonucf wee woo wee woo wee woo

I dont think I would buy a rifle that even remotely resembled a paint-ball p.o.s.
    [​IMG]

18. insane4cefed

insane4cefed New Member

That would be the biggest advantage, also accuracy is important and I want to add stuff to my gun. I like the ability to be able to swap scope for a redot.

I am not into the conceal and carry thing, so pistols dont interrest me as much. Not saying there arnt any I dont like but i want to keep my spendings under $1500 for my first firearm.

19. How about something like a Ruger 10/22? If you're just shooting targets at a range, then a 10/22 would be great. It's got a huge aftermarket of parts available, and it's not expensive to buy. It also shoots .22 ammo, which means you won't go broke shooting it all the time.

20. insane4cefed

insane4cefed New Member

.22 ammo was the reason I was originaly drawn to the rav-22 it kinda had a modern look to it.

I will have to take a look at the mods for a 10/22 for sure man.

I also had looked at some of the GSG series of guns. Here is one..
    http://www.impactguns.com/store/892756002007.html

I have not found too much info on it either, but what I have found was good.

21. The GSG-5 is a good gun, but you're paying a lot and really not getting a better gun than a basic, stock 10/22. Also, the potential for modification is much less with the GSG-5 as they are nowhere near as popular as 10/22s.

I'll whore out a pic of my 10/22, and I'm sure others will now in this thread too.

[​IMG]

Also, check out this thread on rimfirecentral.com if you want to see more things that people do to their 10/22s. (rimfirecentral is pretty much THE site for 10/22 information on the internet)

http://rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69075

22. insane4cefed

insane4cefed New Member

Thanks alot, Ill give that link a good read.

23. bpa00

bpa00 New Member

If you are just looking for a plinking rifle you can heavily accessorize, you can make a 10/22 all kinds of tacticool. I've seen some pretty ridiculously modified ones.

24. Found this floating around the internet.

[​IMG]

25. Asses Maximus

Asses Maximus Guns don't kill people. People kill people. Guns d

I know my local range has an indoor rifle and pistol range. If I shoot the PS90 I have to use the Rifle range, but if I shoot my five-seven I can use the pistol range. So I dont see how a rifle with a "pistol" ammunition is somehow no longer a rifle and can be shot on the pistol range.