SRS Fear of GF getting hurt

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by tubachris85x, Aug 30, 2007.

1. tubachris85x

tubachris85x New Member

I dont want to give too much detail just for the personal reasons...

My gf's family is a decent family, but there is a serious issue. Her father is clearly an angry drunk, and obviously takes it out on his family, especially her mom. This has been going on since she was born from what Ive been told.

Because of this, it put the whole family into a position of fear to do anything about it. Her mom pretty much does everything, and I mean everything. Basically its too the point where he HAS to do nothing, except get drunk, and yell at them.

This has greatly affected her. I get sooooooo pissed because theres nothing I can do about it. I know I cant do anything, and im not going to. He hasnt hit any of them yet, but has come close many times. Her mom is too afraid to kick him out, despite the fact that the mom's family own's everything, the grandparents who live with them own the house for godsake's. But their the typical domestic dispute statistic in reality.

She called me up, because she was working on an older computer, trying to figure out how to record something, blah blah blah..Long story short, her dad 'apparently' knew how to do it, but he fucked up, and throughout the whole thing, yelling at her, and a bunch of shit. She gets up to test the CD, and he fucked it up. At this point, she was scared shitless, he clenches his fist, raises it up and starts to corner her, just screaming up in her face.

I know "yelling" dosnt mean much unless he hits her. She is terrified of him and is really scared that hes going to go further. Im afraid that shes going to get hurt by this guy if they dont grow the testicular fortitude to kick his ass out.

Its been emotionally draining for her, him always being like this to her and her family. I know theres nothing I can do, except get it in her head to call the cops if he ever touches her.

so pissed right now

2. ///M Pilot

///M Pilot New Member

How old is she?

Can she not just move out?

3. tubachris85x

tubachris85x New Member

She's 17 as of right now. Im about 500 miles away for college. Shes says the moment she gets a chance to move, shes leaving

4. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Sounds like you honestly can't do shit....Just pray he doesn't hurt her and that she moves out as soon as she can.

5. tehshocker

tehshocker New Member

tell her to call the cops on him, thats abuse....even if he's not hitting here.

6. tubachris85x

tubachris85x New Member

It may be abuse to me and everyone who see's it, but he hasnt done anything illegal just yet.

Another thing Im getting worried about, is that she says shes going to leave when she gets the chance.

The thing is, I can see her parents, mom especially trying to 'make' her stay home. Shes devoted to going to UF. Shes currently duel enrolling in another college and will have her AA when she graduates. Right now, shes actually getting transfer papers for UF, but her mom recently has been saying things, like "whats the point of going to gainsville to get your BA, when you can stay here another 2 years with us?" She wants to be a vet and go to UF just for that.

The reason I worry about this, is she is notorious for doing everything her parents tell her to do, and Im not telling her to be rebellious, but its clearly stupid pointless shit that she listens to. Fortunatly, is just below the line of if her parents tell her to "break up" with me, she wont, but anything else, she will. I believe her in what she says, but I still have that scenario in the back of my head that she could stay behind just because of what her parents want, and not what she wants

7. tubachris85x

tubachris85x New Member

I just feel like someone who cant speak trying to scream