SRS Fear of commitment?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Ancoats, Feb 1, 2006.

1. Ancoats

Ancoats New Member

Is this true?

Long story cut short. I've got a great girlfriend now who is really into me, we see each other almost every weekend and chat on MSN alot. However, before we became an item I was either telling her I liked her, then the next minute I was being filled with a cold dread about the fact that we might be an item that made me seem uninterested. I dont know why this happened as it's never happened before.

Is it because I like her alot, and that I dont want to see myself hurt again (like with my ex) or is my subconcious telling me something here? I really like her and get on with her but sometimes I have moments of madness where I convince myself that we would not work together - even though I know I think the opposite.

Is this whats know as fear of commitment?

2. Jadix

Jadix The Nice Guy

I dont know if this is the same thing or not...but whenever I'm nervous to ask a girl out, its NOT because I'm afraid shes going to say no...its because I'm afraid of what will happen when she says yes. For me, I dont think its fear of commitment though, I think its more just fear of change.

I've never convinced myself it wouldn't work out though. I usually imagine how perfect its going to be because I like being optimistic.

When you convince yourself you wont work out together, what reasons are you coming up with?

3. Jay Pheezy

Jay Pheezy New Member

Sometimes people get that because of experiences in past relationsships. In that case, just forget it and be optimistic. That's the main key anyway, just optimism. Give it a shot, you dont' got anything to lose if she likes you.

4. Ancoats

Ancoats New Member

Well before we got together there were not any reasons, just that blind panic you sometimes get for absolutely nothing at all. It was probably due to my ex who cheated on me last summer.

Anyway, I'm giving it a shot and its working out well so far. :)

5. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Basically i think your a victim of the paranoid and are thinking (imagining) all kinds of things why you two wouldn't work out, but you should see it different. Unless 'she actually' tells you that it doesn't work out, you should go for the gold in your life. Don't be afraid to commit yourself to someone. Where your love is there lies your treasure.

6. hatedbyall

hatedbyall New Member

never become commited because as soon as you do they will destroy you trust me I know it, I have been hurt quite a bit

7. Cr0mulent

Cr0mulent Werewolf: The Last Warrior

im locked in right now.

I think its the male mentality.

I want to break up with my girlfriend but she is going to ask me why and I will tell her i want to sleep with other people. and she will cry and cry and cry. its not that i dont like her, i just dont see the reason to stay in a relationship.