GUN FBI Certified Instructor

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by thedude11, Apr 10, 2008.

1. thedude11

thedude11 New Member

I see this term thrown all over when reading through different instructor bios/resumes.

I've searched all over and haven't found anything about becoming a "FBI certified" instructor. I doubt that all these instructors were once FBI Agents.

I found the FLETC and the different things they offer, but that wouldn't qualify as a FBI class, IMO.

As you can see, I'm pretty ignorant on this subject but I would like to get some training experience and hopefully some certifications to be able to train people myself (even if it's just for CCW classes).

I was hoping ShackleMeNot (Shay? I'm not sure which instructor you are :o) could chime in because there are a couple of FBI certified instructors at TR.

2. lt1aggie

lt1aggie what?

Perhaps they teach classes that the regional FBI offices send trainees to? :dunno:

3. ShackleMeNot

ShackleMeNot MINDSET

Most (all?) fed agents get sent through FLETC and then their own agencies will have their own specific training. FLETC also provides ongoing training for most agencies.

The FBI runs an instructor school for law enforcement officers. We have some instructors that have taken the class. I have not because I'm not a cop but I have shot the qual and it isn't easy.

I do know that you shoot the qual the first or second day and if you don't pass you get sent home. That intimidates a lot of guys who attend.