MIL Fazle, what's the word on the military forum?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Pro Street, Apr 30, 2005.

1. Pro Street

Pro Street New Member

2. MiseryIndex

MiseryIndex i never know why. i only know who. Moderator

i think it's not worthwile. most of the people who start those threads in the OT forum would most likley continute to start them there, becuse they want the general OT population to read it. & they'd get much less attention in a specific forum with a handful of people who check every now & then. graunted, that could be said about some other forums as well. but we're trying to weed out those forums.

3. Pro Street

Pro Street New Member

maybe something for all service people, like PD/FD/EMS and military?

4. TankRizzo

TankRizzo Sensational Moderator Super Moderator

Call it the Barracks or something.

Personally I think it'd be a good addition, we have plenty of military and former military members as well as cops/firemen etc as well as many prospects that have questions.

5. MiseryIndex

MiseryIndex i never know why. i only know who. Moderator

if we do it, can we atleast make weapons of minor destruction a subforum of it? to atleast keep the main page uncluttered?

i already made my opinion clear. but i really think it's valid. anyone who gets back from boot camp & wants to say hi to OT is going to post it in the OT forum anyway.
    same for someone enlisting in the army. & we'll just end up having to move the threads.

6. Sonic

Sonic Live every day to the fullest, for yesterday is go

:wiggle:

7. GND

GND BBP! OT Supporter

I'm in for it! My oldest brother is now an army Sergeant and in phase 2 of Special Forces Training :)

8. TankRizzo

TankRizzo Sensational Moderator Super Moderator

IMO if there's ever been a worthwile forum to add it's this one. I don't forsee it just being a forum for people to come back from boot and say hi. They can network, share experiences and whatnot and in all just an interesting read for everyone else because guys like Pimp and others who have served in Iraq have experienced and been through more than most of us will ever see in our lifetimes. IMHO they deserve it moreso than many of the other sub forums we have :dunno:

9. cavefish

cavefish You ain't a crook son, you just a shook one

I think it'd be a good idea not only for the above reasons but also for younger people thinking of joining the service and inquiring into a particular branch/MOS/etc.

If there was a specific forum for it there would be much less likelihood of Main OT bullshit and anti-war/military people spouting their diatribe.

On the other hand, I also agree that there are too many subforums. Maybe give this a 1 month trial run to see how it does and if it isn't up to snuff, scratch it. Fazle could do that rather easily.

10. Juggernaut

Juggernaut Guest

:werd: And if it takes off : Fazle - you should get the US Military to pay you for advertising on OT :noes:

11. Pro Street

Pro Street New Member

I agree... even in the FD threads there are people trolling the military members

12. Dr. Giggles

Dr. Giggles OT Supporter

Honestly, I think it's more worthwhile than the Life after OT forum. There seems to be a lot more interest in a military forum than there was for the religion forum.

Granted, a lot of people will agree that a forum should be added saying, "Yeah, sure, why not?". And when it gets added, most of the supporters are no where to be found. I think the military forum is backed by a genuinely interested group and will prove to be a good and useful addition.