Favorite Venture Brothers episode?

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Boomdart, Aug 19, 2009.

1. Boomdart

Boomdart New Member

(I didn't see a tv shows section, wasnt it called The Idiot Box before or something?)

My favorite episode is probably Now Museum Now You Don't.

Hard choice really

2. Boomdart

Boomdart New Member

edit:

Check this out, it's a preview of the 4th season.

http://mantiseye.com/

Can't link to it it's embeded and shit... the comicon thing says brock will be in the 4th season...but not much

Last edited: Aug 20, 2009
  3. mr jenzie

mr jenzie New Member

STILL the trial of the monarch ..... well, i've only really seen season 1 (and have it on dvd, bloody uk behind everything!!), and most of two, but none of the newer ones!

no one here shows adult swim stuff anymore, which is pish :squint:

4. Boomdart

Boomdart New Member

There are usually a bunch of venture brothers full episodes on AdultSwim.com

Plus a lot of the other shit they show, check it bro

5. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

Let's see...any of the first few episodes of season 2....

The one with the garage sale (Do we need more potholders?)

The one where Dr. Orpheus is introduced.

Season 3 didn't do much for me, I think season 2 is the best so far

6. Noel

Noel New Member

I only ever catch the show sporadically so I dont know the episode progression at all.

But i've noticed that some of the episodes are markedly worse, both in terms of animation quality and especially in dialogue. I just finished watching the one with Baron Underbite and Brock going camping with the sasquatch and it seemed like the writers were trying way too hard. No effortless, rapid-fire jokes every sentence anymore.

wha happened?

7. Variant

Variant Cast in the name of God, ye not guilty.

whichever one where the Order of the Triad is having villain tryouts. Dr. Orpheus FTW.

8. Boomdart

Boomdart New Member

Baron Underbite never goes camping with Brock.

If you meant two different episodes, both of those episodes are fine (I assume you mean the one where they fly over baron's country and get captured), the show isn't frisky dingo, wherein almost every spoken line has a pun. It's a half serious half humorous / mainly flashback spoof of johnny quest/similar kind of cartoons. It's an action cartoon first, and a comedy second.

Yeah, that's a good one. I love Torrid's line "I shall stand. Sitting is for the weak and feeble." His australian accent made that sound so awesome :o Orpheus ftw I hope theres more of him in season 4. I hate brock's not going to be in it much, but at ComicCon they said you'll barely notice he's not there. Must be a lot of action in the next series.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2009
  9. Noel

Noel New Member

The episode im talking about had Brock camping AND Underbite doing shenannigans with the monarch. Throw in a comma after I wrote underbite the first time.

I havent seen every episode but I definitely wouldn't call Venture Bros an action show. The action is gratuitous and I would its more parody action designed to be funny.