Favorite iPhone Applications Thread

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Pepe, Oct 10, 2009.

1. Pepe

Pepe New Member

so i have been putting this together on another forum. not sure if there is something like this over here, but i just copied it over so if there is mods feel free to lock or delete or whatever. i think it is a cool way to see what apps are like before you get them...

anyways, if you want to add feel free to...

we are going to try to do this as professional as possible, so there is going to be a format to follow when posting up an app.

so, when making a post please try to follow this format

1. you need to bold and underline the name of the application
    2. then underneath it in italics identify if it is an App Store Application or a Cydia Application.
    3. post up a short description of it (these can usually be just copied from a site if you google the name)
    4. post up screen shots from your phone (if you don't know how just hit home and power together once quickly).

so, for instance, here is what an entry should look like....

Tiger Woods PGA Tour
    App Store Application

a pretty fun video game. you make money by winning tournaments, which you can then spend to make your golfer a better player. good time waster, i'm not a huge video game fan, but i have played this a few times when really bored sitting at the dmv or something.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

SBSettings
    Cydia Application

by swiping the top status bar, a drop down menu opens where you can toggle on/off commands such as wifi, bluetooth, 3g, ultrasn0w, PdaNet, and pretty much anything you can think of. you can also "hide" applications to the dock, and turn the phone off or respring. one of the most versatile applications imo

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

CyDelete
    Cydia Application

allows you to delete cydia applications much the same way that you delete app store applications. hold down on an icon until you get the wiggle, then you can click on the X to delete it. the app store applications have a black X, and the cydia applications have the red X.

[​IMG]

Cyntact
    Cydia Application

simple application that shows your contact's saved image in your contact list.

[​IMG]

Fontswap
    Cydia Application

application that allows you to change your system fonts. you can download extra font packs in cydia to customize to your liking, and i think it really adds a unique look to your iPhone.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

iBlacklist
    Cydia Application

ever get any annoying calls from the same number, or perhaps that random girl/guy keeps texting you. by adding this application you can block numbers, lists of numbers, or create white lists (only numbers you will accept calls or texts from) in case you are in an important meeting or waiting on that call. very convenient app.

[​IMG]

iProtect
    Cydia Application

i love this app. it allows you to password protect any application on your iPhone. works great for that snoopy girlfriend who wants to know who you are texting, emailing, taking pictures of, etc. simply set the master password, set what apps you want protected, and you will be prompted for the password whenever you click on that app.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

NES 3
    Cydia Application

allows you to play classic NES games on your iPhone. You can download in SSH more game rom's onto your iPhone more more game choices.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

PdaNet
    Cydia Application

tether your laptop to the internet through your iPhone connection. i have used this a lot while at school, traveling, and even while riding somewhere in the car. simply set up an ad hoc network with your laptop, turn PdaNet on, connect to the network with your iPhone, and you are connected to the internet on your laptop using your existing unlimited data plan.

[​IMG]

Quick Reply for SMS
    Cydia Application

honestly, one of my favorite applications out right now. have you ever been in the middle of something and you get an important text? not wanting to close out the application, you wait til later and possibly forget about the text. well with this app that happens no more, just simply click respond and it opens up a transparent text window where you can view and respond, then when you are done it goes right back to your application without shutting it down.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Un-Unlockable
    Cydia Application

takes away the "Slide to Unlock" bar at the bottom of your lock screen. i like this because again, keeps those pesky people out who aren't familiar with an iPhone.

[​IMG]

Oceanus
    App Store Application

GREAT web browser that really is a step up from the safari browser. the main thing is full screen surfing, which really enhances your web browsing experience.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Universal Search
    Cydia Application

Simply using your spotlight page (all the way to the left in 3.0+ firmware), just type something in and you can search your phone or anywhere on the internet for it. Very quick and easy to use, highly recommend it.

[​IMG]

Documents to Go
    App Store Application

view, edit, and email microsoft word and excel files right from your iPhone. You can even view powerpoint presentations (cannot edit them yet) just in case you need to prepare for a presentation or review before a class/test. very great app that i'm sure will only get better.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

we all should know what skype is, great application that lets you talk to people on the phone via an internet connection. if you have an iPod Touch you can turn it into a VOIP phone by simply getting some iPhone earphones with the microphone built in.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3g Unrestrictor
    Cydia Application

some apps require you to have a wifi connection, this tricks them into thinking you have one so you can use it on your 3g data speeds. works great for skype and many others.

[​IMG]

Panorama
    App Store Application

lets you take pretty cool panoramic photographs like the one below. not a deal breaker app, but nice to have nonetheless.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Color Splash
    App Store Application

adds a little "splash" to your photographs. simply select the photo you want, it turns the whole thing gray, then you can use your fingers to bring back the original color that you want to focus on.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

GPS Drive
    App Store Application

a good driving app until i can get tomtom or mobilenavigation working.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Trails
    App Store Application

a really cool application if you are into running, biking, or any sport that you want to track where you have traveled. gives you a gps guided map of your path, as well as average speed, distance traveled, and many other interesting stats.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

AnyRing
    App Store Application

lets you assign ringtones, from any song in your library, at any point in the song, to anyone in your address book. premier ringtones app if that is what you are into.

[​IMG]

Need For Speed
    App Store Application

decent little game that i downloaded for my younger cousins to play. definitely a time waster.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Scrabble
    App Store Application

if you need me to elaborate on scrabble pm me your address and i will take a shit in a bag and send it your way

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Madden NFL 2010
    App Store Application

another time waster, pretty cool game for a phone

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Real Football 2010
    App Store Application

see madden description...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

IM+
    App Store Application

good IM app, has push notification and allows you to link your twitter, facebook, AIM, and any other messaging service all into one app.

[​IMG]

Wine Ph.D
    App Store Application

if you like wine this is the app for you. look up any vineyard, type of wine, or vintage and get reviews, food pairings, ratings, and prices.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Offender Locator
    App Store Application

check out all the creeps you live by or are near you when out and about. it's actually kind of disturbing but fun to find people you know and make fun of them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Golfshot GPS
    App Store Application

awesome app if you are a golfer. works best with the iPhone 3gs as it utilizes the gps in it to pinpoint your location from the many preloaded golf courses on the app. simply select what course you are playing and it does the rest.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 15, 2010
  2. OakleyTodd

OakleyTodd New Member

Perhaps the thread should be renamed "Favorite Jailbroken iPhone Applications" since not everyone here has a JB iPhone and will be wondering how to get some of that stuff.

3. Pepe

Pepe New Member

true, well not all are jailbreak apps, hence why i differentiate between "App Store Applications" and "Cydia Applications", but i see your point for sure.

good idea for a thread?

4. Raider007

Raider007 om nom nom nom

allthatshit.jpg

way too much

5. Pepe

Pepe New Member

lol, well there are plenty of babies out there in the world to punch

6. omgwtfbbqryan

omgwtfbbqryan OT Supporter

:ugh: waaaay too much work broseph

7. Justin Niggalake

Justin Niggalake New Member

:werd: papyrus ftl

8. iridium130

iridium130 OT Supporter

THanks for the effort, but I'm not jailbroken.

I like FIFA 10 better than Real Soccer btw

9. crucialkc

crucialkc the earth is flat

shit looks crazy cluttered homie

10. Cracked

Cracked New Member

thanks for the effort