GUN Favorite Copper solvent?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Bigsnake, Apr 26, 2006.

1. Bigsnake

Bigsnake OT Supporter

read the title...

2. Goat

Goat That crack is really moreish

I use Butchs Bore Shine and Wipe Out, both work well, though Wipe Out is less labor intensive since it's a foam. Sweets is also supposed to be one of the best, but I've never used it.

3. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

Sweets 7.62 here works fine, although I've tried some foaming stuff from walmart and it seemed to work alright too.

4. Bigsnake

Bigsnake OT Supporter

Heard good stuff about Sweets and finally saw a local store had it in stock.

5. Goat

I spilled some Butchs Bore Shine once and almost passed out trying to clean it up, it's rough :rofl:

6. Bigsnake

Bigsnake OT Supporter

:rofl: I almost bought some of that stuff today. There's a little reloading store and they had Butch's and 7.62. Heard a lot about of them and see a lot of benchrest guy's talking about Butchs. He had some foaming stuff and a seperate accelerator he said some customers said works great. You patch the accelerator down the barrel and then spray the foam down it.

I went with the 7.62 to give it a try.

Now I just need to find a cheap rifle stand to use when cleaning my rifle.

7. Goat

Yeah, Wipe Out makes an accelerator, but I've never tried to because I've never been in enough of a hurry to worry about cleaning time.

and I know they aren't cheap, but my Tipton Gun Vise is probably one of the best firearm related investments I've made. It makes cleaning 10x easier, and it's helpful with scope mounting and some types of gun smithing. Plus it has nice cups to small parts and bottles in, so now I can't spill my Butchs and potentially die :rofl:

8. Bigsnake

Bigsnake OT Supporter

I bought some $28 shoot n clean stand tonight that I've used before at my range. It'll work for it's purpose.

Also bought a tackle box container thing to put all my brushes and jags in... Now I just have to figure out what to do with all the bags of patches I have.