Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by NOVAJock, Feb 5, 2004.
To all my fellow homos out there, what are some of your favorite cities to visit and why?
I are not a fellow homo, maybe homie
These are my favorite places to visit in order :
1. San Diego (cousin is out there and some chicks I used to ****)
2. Honolulu (would be first but too expensive)
2. Tied for 2nd is Toronto...love that city, so close and inexpensive, and great people, clubs and food. Its also a rapidly growing film city too)
3. Boston (sorta a soft spot for the heart, ex GF went to BU and I was a frequent there)
4. Pittsburgh (played hockey there, so I miss it)
5. Los Angeles
6. NYC (I actually hate this city, I lived there for 2 years and I hated every minute of it. I was lonely and cold and just miserable there)
7. West Palm Beach (hate this city too cause I went down there with an ex ex and stayed with her grandparents which was a living nightmare and I got so sunburned I cried)
I forgot Montreal. I loved it there last winter. Especially Old Montreal and the casino fuck man, that was a great part in my life...I'd give anything to have that back...ANYTHING...
1. San Diego (what's not to like...perfect weather, lots to do, plenty of eye-candy)
2. NYC (hate it during the winter, but would move in a second if I could deal w/cold)
3. Atlanta (I love it for its history and all it has to offer)
4. Indianapolis (very very nice people in this city)
5. San Francisco (beautiful city, and they love us gays)
6. L.A. (Celebs everywhere you look. Need I say more?)
7. Miami (beautiful people and scenery. Too damn hot otherwise)
8. Austin (if you like to party, this is the city for you)
9. Denver (another beautiful city, most fun when there's fresh powder on the ground)
10. Chicago (too hot in the summer, too cold in the winter, but for some reason, I like it)
Venice. My favorite place in the world. Do not deny yourself the chance to visit it in your lifetime, it is just beyond beauty.
The other Italian Cities that I visited, in order of my favor:
I love Italy... I need to go back.
edit: changed my mind
Hawaii and all the islands, NYC and Manhatten, L.A. , San Francisco, Chicago, Boston, Florida (went when I was young so I don't remember the cities), Madison WI, Las Vegas, Phoenix and Jamaica. Haven't really been anywhere else except Mexico and I didn't like it.
I'm very reserved, not into the scene, never drink, etc. when I'm here in Seattle, but when i lived in london, I always let it all out. I gotpissed like crazy and was a total cock tease... I guess it's just a way to release all that stress that gets built up inside
It's a fun city drunk or sober though.
Rome was also very nice
I heard Madison is very liberal... UW is my top choice for grad school but if not, always got ohio state
I don't travel.
But I do like Toronto. I'm going up there in a few months for a night or two. I'm doing that instead of prom, my friends and I decided prom would be a waste.
It's pretty cool there. Big college town and lots of gay people. I dated a lawyer from there and visited her from time to time. Needless to say we didn't get out much but when we did, the city was really nice and it was always snowing when I was there. I love snow. If you do go to UW, check out State Street. Lots of shopping and gay bookstores.
Thanks for the info Teachers are saying I have a good shot at Madison judging how quick Ohio State contacted me back as one of the top candidates so my fingers are crossed!
1:Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe
3urban, South Africa
4allas, TX (my hometown!!!! best party place to me)
5:Austin, TX (where I go to school...Hook Em..)
PS I am on my roomates names so the jailbate guy isnt me....
Sorry bout that...it's Durban and Dallas
Milan was absolutely disgusting...I just came back from there...and I couldn't wait to get the hell out...
I was going to say I didn't like Milan either, but I actually came down with the flu bigtime just when I got there, so my perception is sort of skewed because I was extremely sick. But, no, it was my least favorite city.
For anyone who thinks milan is filled with good looking people:
End of story.
My favorite 3 places on Earth. Other than bed.
San Fran was cool...
I don't know about fashion center either...I mean, I went there for modeling, and I didn't get that fashion feel AT ALL...and I was amidts the whole thing. Milan is SOOOO 1992, it's all about New York, Tokyo, London (sometimes), Spain, etc...but certainly not Milan.
Milan fashion consisted of a bunch of people wearing whatever they could find in their closet and throw together to make them look more outrageous than the next...The people are not that nice, but loved the fact that I was from New York City...they hate americans in general, but for some reason, they love New York and LA
I just came back from Milan, and I wouldn't want to ever go back, or advise anyone to go there...it's SO dirty...take a trip to Venice, or Rome, or visit the caves of Palermo...but certainly just walk through Milan, don't even stay...