favoring one side during workout???

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by MWHC22, Jul 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MWHC22

MWHC22 Bier/Deutsch/Homebrew/ Packers/Blackhawks/Outdoor

so i have a question for the broly's on F&N. ive started to notice that when i finish a work out my strong side(right side ) feels more pumped and more exhausted after a workout. im wondering if im working the right side harder somehow. ive been trying to concentrate on working the left side and making sure it is lifting with the same intensity and technique. is there anything else i can do? when i do dumb bell exorsizes or other things like cable crossovers or similar things with two weight stacks i feel pretty even. but when ever i lift something that connects the too arms either by bar or by only using a single weight stack on a machine i feel like my right side helps push the left side through the workout.

any advise or suggestions would be cool.

by the way i don't have a gym membership....i use the different gyms on campus and depending on my schedule i have to use different gyms cuz they are open at different times sometimes i get only machines....sometimes machines and dumbbells, sometimes free wieghts/plates and cables machines.

i think im going to try and invest in some weights and such....but im not sure what i want/need/can afford to purchase yet.

2. TheMustafa

TheMustafa hook 'em

avoid bb stuff and use db's on everything you can; it will ensure you cant "cheat"

3. nsng20

nsng20 New Member

i have the same problem. not only that but one of my arms is like an inch longer than the other so it gets more extension with bench etc.

4. MWHC22

MWHC22 Bier/Deutsch/Homebrew/ Packers/Blackhawks/Outdoor

my arms are the same length and what not. ive just naturally built up a little more strenght on one side from work etc.

i try to do more DB and doul weight stack machines so one side can't help the other....but id rather not miss a workout just becasue i can't get into a gym that day that has the equipment that keeps me from cheating one side.

anything i can do otherwise?

iwas thinking maybe dropping weight down low enough that my weak side can still fully work but my strong side can lightly work. maybe this will help strengthen the weak side and help it catch up? i dunno waddyathink?

5. TheMustafa

TheMustafa hook 'em

db bench would be better than bb bench then

6. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

When you bench bring your left hand half an inch or less closer to the right. That'll force it to support slightly more weight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.