Faulty motherboard?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by CaseLogic, Oct 19, 2003.

1. CaseLogic

CaseLogic Longhorns - Mavs - Cowboys - Tool - 24 - Lost - Th

Yesterday, I came back to my PC to see that everything was powered down but my chasis fans. I found that odd, and hit the reset button, which did nothing. I ended up powering it off, then powering it back on. Once again, nothing turned on but my chasis fans. Not even my CPU/motherboard fans were powering up. I figured that it was a power supply problem, and when I unplugged the PS connection from the motherboard, I noted that one of the connectors was brown, as if burnt. Today, I went and bought myself a brand new 500W power supply, and plugged it in and reconnected everything. I'm still running into a similar problem. Every once in a while, it'll sound like the system just loses power (I can hear the hard drive spin down and some of the fans turn off), but shortly thereafter it'll re-power itself and reboot, without any intervention from me. I checked my CPU temp, and that's running fine. Now I'm thinking that it might be a motherboard problem.

Does this mean that my motherboard is faulty (seeing that I purchased it only a few months ago), or is this something that I can fix somehow?

2. OmniFire

OmniFire *************************

the asus motherboards do that when there is a problem somewhere else.

3. CaseLogic

I have an abit, NF7-S

4. CaseLogic

Whoops, I meant NF7-M