Fat loss supplements

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by AKABatman, Sep 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AKABatman

AKABatman OT Supporter

After doing a search Hot Rox, hydroycut and thermorexin, it looks like thermorexin is the more recommended of the three, and it seems EC stacks are the way to go...

only problem is, i'm new to this and don't know what an EC stack is... if I read correctly its ephedrine and caffeine, but I don't understand the concept of a stack...

I'm looking to cut a fair bit of weight (like 50lbs maybe over the next year or so..), and I'd welcome some supplemental help if there is anything worth its weight out there...

I've been going to the gym every other day, doing cardio and weight training for about 90 minutes total a day, and i've been eating healthier, and less, and the fat is starting to come off slowly (its been 3 weeks, and i'm down 4 lbs)... but I was wondering if any of these supplements would make it easier, or is it just not worthwhile?

2. BlackIce72

BlackIce72 New Member

a stack is when you take multiple supplements concurrently (at the same time)

3. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

dont worry about it yet. you just started working out. get your diet in order first then worry about a stim/fat burner. Diet is the number one tool in achieving your goals. Make sure you are eating the right amount of cals a day for your size and make sure your carbs are coming from healthy sources.

Save your money. If you insist on buying anything, try Sesapure and Glucorell from the forum sponsor. Glucorell is one of the best supplements I have ever used.

4. smb is me

smb is me New Member

LIPO 6X..any thoughts?
    I've been taking it but not really sure its doing anything other than making my wallet a helluva lot lighter. Is really good for energy tho. I'v dropped about 5-6 lbs since started taking it, but i've also been at a large calorie deficit, and was doing 20 mins of cardio for most that time. All in all i'd recommned not spending your money on it, but wondering if anyone else on here had tried it.

(5'11" 183-184, so i wasn't a fat guy trying to lose weight, rather an athletic dude trying to get a chiseled 6 pack....fail.)

5. BlackWRX

BlackWRX New Member

with the right diet alone you could lose 50 lbs in 6 months

6. macro

macro New Member

EC is ephedrine/ephedra and caffeine. typically at a 1 to 8-10 ratio, ie 25mg ephedrine 200-250mg caffeine.

thermorexin is provides similar or better metabolic boost and generally better endurance enhancement, though it is not as strong of a central nervous system stimulant (ie EC will jack you up more).

lipo6 and lipo6x both contain guggulsterones, which are progestins and anti-androgens- they have no place in supplements, especially for men. Other wise they are fairly basic SYC stacks.

7. Original

Original OT Supporter

if you're truly committed to your diet i'd say they could help.

i find for most people they don't do much since they think it's burning off extra calories so it's another incentive in the back of their mind to cheat.

8. NCK MIZ

NCK MIZ New Member

I'd say there is no point in worrying about Thermos yet. Start losing weight as it will be easy to do without thermos, then when you get within 15-20 lbs of your goal weight toss in the thermos for an extra boost.

9. cubedojo

cubedojo New Member

Yeah, if you aren't already losing fat at the rate you want to, adding EC isn't going to make a hell of a big difference. Concentrate on diet first to drop the pounds, and then when you hit a plateau, think about incorporating caffeine/ephedrine/geranamine/ect.

10. michael

michael FLORIDA > *

Why not use help? Who cares?

11. Stilgar

Stilgar New Member

Has anybody done thermorexin while on EC? I'm looking at supps to aid in cutting as I've just about reached a comfortable goal in terms of bf% - sitting at around 12% but want to drop perhaps 4% off that.

12. smb is me

smb is me New Member

Hey macro...what does this mean? why are these bad for men?

13. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

yes...bad for men...

14. macro

macro New Member

manly=androgen
    anti-androgen= unmanly

progestins can cause or exacerbate gynecomastia. They also tend to suppress the HPGA (act as negative feedback enhancers of estrogens action on the endogenous production of testosterone)

15. smb is me

smb is me New Member

Honestly we all know Macro had no idea what he's talking about..he's just making this stuff up as he goes.

in an unrelated note....any FNer wanna buy half a bottle of lipo6x, works great, especially for men
    :p:ugh:

16. Da5id

Da5id New Member

Green tea supp goes a long way too. Cheap and easy solution, especially stacked w everything else

17. macro

macro New Member

EGCG (the prime "mover" catechin in green tea) is generally a good addition to any thermogenic stack ( why its found in thermorexin, cardio breeze and levorex).

18. CrackityJones

CrackityJones OT Supporter

just smoke meth, fuck.

19. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

smoking it fucks your teeth up...mainline that shit...

20. CrackityJones

:rofl:ftw

21. macro

macro New Member

reccomending amphetamines, even meth, orally is one thing. smoking meth or injecting it is just asking to be eventually homeless and toothless.

the neurological effects of the different forms of administrations are pretty much worlds apart.

22. CrackityJones

truth. hope everyone caught the sarcasm, but glad you pointed this out if not. meth can be extremely addictive, especially when smoked/injected. and can lead to psychosis (among other things) especially when smoked/injected in high doses for extended periods of time.

23. smb is me

smb is me New Member

awwww fuck, why didn't you updat this sooner. Too late to do anything now, gotta go do another bump.

24. kylep

kylep OT Supporter

:rofl:

25. Carrera

Carrera OT Supporter

I remember back in '06 when I weighed 210, the heaviest I ever was in my life. 5 months later I dropped 60 pounds. I did 30 minutes of cardio 4x a week while on the supp. "Stacker 3," along with cutting watching my caloric intake

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.