fasting with "master cleanser"

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by moses, Feb 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moses

moses OMGWTFBBQ

My roommate (muslim) has been doing this off and on over the past two years. It really pisses me off that i'm cutting my ass and busting my ass in the gym and losing slowly, he fasts for 21 days and loses nothing but body fat.

He just recently came off of a fast and lost 20 lbs of fat in 21 days, swears up and down that this fast will not cannibalize on muscle for energy that it goes for fat first unless you put your body in a position where it needs energy right then and there, then it will use muscle for energy.

Anyway, i was wondering your thoughts on this, as i've seen him do it 3 times in the past 2 years, and he's lost fat every time, and still can keep up with the weights he was using before he started. For those that don't know, here's how it breaks down:

Master Cleanser
    Two tbsp. lemon or lime juice (1/2 lemon)
    2 tbsps of pure grade B maple syrup
    1/10 tsp. cayenne pepper (red) or to taste
    12 oz of purified water (very warm)

Combine ingredients and drink.
    You many double the recipe and fill a large thermos bottle and drink all day long.

This will help purify the liver.

* Dissolves and eliminates toxins and congestion that have formed in any part of the body
    * Cleanses the kidneys and the digestive system
    * Purifies the glands and cells
    * Eliminates all unusable waste and hardened material in the joints and muscles
    * Builds a healthy blood stream
    * Relieves pressure and irritation in the nerves, arteries and blood vessels

Fasting for 1-2 days a month on this drink can be very cleansing and rejuvenating.

The Master Cleanser drink has no fiber, so it is necessary to use a herbal laxative twice a day. This will help to remove the waste as it is being shed from the colon wall. Otherwise, the waste will stay in the body leading to tiredness and other problems. We suggest using a herbal laxative tea or Nutri Cleanse, which is an all natural, gentle, herbal colon cleanser.

Grade B maple syrup contains a large variety of minerals and vitamins. These include: potassium, calcium, magnesium, manganese, iron, copper, phosphorus, sulfur, chlorine and silicon. Vitamin A, B1, B2, B6, C, nicotinic acid and pantothenic acid are also present.

To enhance your energy and promote the healing process during your cleanse, we recommend alternating your Master Cleanse with another rejuvenating drink made with a tablespoon of Green Magic Powder and two droppers-full of Therapeutica mixed in 8 ounces of water. This will help promote alkalinity, cellular nourishment, and detoxification.

He's thinking i should do this in efforts of my cutting for 10 days only and see if i like it.

2. joy division

joy division New Member

I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole.

3. moses

moses OMGWTFBBQ

okay, but what are your reasonings for not touching it with a ten foot pole?

4. fusion210

fusion210 New Member

:werd:

5. Dunken

Dunken Welcome to the team.

there must be something just with him specifically if he is losing mainly bodyfat

6. gsteclipse97

gsteclipse97 New Member

hes not losing just fat trust me

7. fatmoocow

fatmoocow bored OT Supporter

because it's retarded at all levels

what he is actually doing is dropping 19lbs of water 1 lb of fat and 1 lbs of muscle at best. He is eating all sugar (maple surup) not getting any nutrients, not getting fiber.....and on and on.

The reason he's even losing the amount of weight he does is the laxitives.

If you want to "clean" the system eat more salad and drink more water.

8. timberwolf

timberwolf New Member

Exactly.
    I've actually tried that same fast half a dozen times when I was in my early to mid 20's. Longest I lasted for was 11 days I think. Props to him for lasting 21 days. One time I tried it I did the first 5 days just water alone and tried to stay awake the whole time. Pretty trippy. Weed and abut of 'shrooms is much less painful for the same effect.:big grin:
    Anyway, personally I think a fast like that 1 or 2 days a month would probably be beneficial to the general public. But if you're trying to gain muscle and lose fat...definitely taking one step forward and two steps back.

9. jonno

jonno New Member

if you dont care about muscle.. go for it

see how your strength in the gym is with that diet

10. gammalex

gammalex Get Stronger or Go Home™

Im muslim and the first thing that is BS is that your not allowed to drink anything while your fasting so no maijic potion. I hate fasting. Last year I lost like 24 lbs and it was all muscle. Your body cant get all the protein it needs in the short amount of time that you eat. Also the minute sunset arrives and you eat your body stores it directly into fat that way to can use it the next day. I went from 205 to 181 and a BF of 11% to 16% all my weight reps were cut by 30%. granted it only took about 3 monthesto get back into shape.

11. timberwolf

timberwolf New Member

I was actually still working out when I did the fast.
    I was doing a heavy duty routine at the time and whole body routine. Would never finish the entire workout before getting too nauseous.

12. timberwolf

timberwolf New Member

I would respectfully disagree with you about your definition of fasting.
    I am aware of the religous fasting you follow but I could just as easily say 'real' fasting is not eating anything at all for the entire period of the 'fast'.
    No offense intended.
    So even during the day, you're not allowed to drink any water?:eek3:

13. PurEvl

PurEvl going out gassed and not half assed...

20 of that 21 pounds was water

14. shastaisforwinners

shastaisforwinners OT Supporter

just do a PSMF if you really need to fast

15. gsteclipse97

gsteclipse97 New Member

if im correct a religious muslim fast is nothing during the day no water, gum, anything, you can only eat between sunset and sunrise i believe.

16. moses

moses OMGWTFBBQ

well i wouldn't be looking to build muscle for the 10 days, but lose soem of this 30+% of body fat

17. Ilyusha

Ilyusha Guest

Hey, I have a novel idea: why not just drink liquid feces?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.