Fast workouts

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by DTR rex, Feb 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

Anyone here have really quick workouts but still have them seem effective?

Lately I have been going into the gym kinda pissed off because it is ass backwards fucking crowded in there. Went at 9:30pm tonight and could hardly walk there were so many people near the free weights.

Anyways, so I just go in there, blast my ipod, and don't talk to a single person. I'll wave to friend but that is it... no talking. I blast through my workout only taking about 30sec breaks inbetween sets and my workouts fly by.
    Today I got in a total chest and ab workout in ~ 35-40min, and that used to take me well over an hour... Nearing an hour and a half. I am getting great pumps and I am sore the next day.
    My average time in the gym used to be 60-90min and now it is down to 30-40min.
    Only bad things I notice is that I am always short of breath and sometimes get brief nausea... When that happens I just stop for a minute and get back to it when I am feeling ok.

Any potential downsides to this? Anyone else do this too?

2. NUDES

NUDES New Member

i do a lot of 30 sec breaks or drop sets or strip sets or giant sets which all entail no break.. but never on big moves.

if i took 30 sec breaks on every move i wouldnt be nearly as strong and thus not be as big or have as much muscle as i do.

3. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

Yeah, I am more or less doing it throughout my entire workout. The first half of my workout doesn't seem too bothered by it... I was fucking shit up on the decline BB bench today... but then halfway into my workout I started losing steam though.

Odd thing is that strength is basically staying the same, but my pumps are better and size is coming nicely.
    Perhaps it's temporary and after a couple months I will notice strength dropping. I mean, I like being in and out in 30-40min, but it just doesn't "feel right" ya know, lol. I feel like I halfassed it even though I am fucking gased after the workout.

4. NUDES

NUDES New Member

well see the thing is i have no desire for my strength to stay the same, i always want it up at least on something. but thats just me, so i wouldnt do 30 sec rest on compound moves

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.