FAO: 01MCoupe3.2

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by El Slotho, Feb 13, 2003.

1. El Slotho

El Slotho Every hour wounds. The last one kills.

Just curious about your Dinan intake that you installed a while back, and that you had posted pictures of here:

http://forums.off-topic.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=466512

Where were you able to find a Dinan intake for the S54 M Coupe? I have a friend who owns the same car and he can't get one - in fact, looking at Dinan's site, they don't even make one for the car. From talking to some Dinan distributors, there is indeed one forthcoming, but I am curious about yours as you posted the above thread three months ago.

I even remember the picture. Somewhat. Did the S52 intake work with the S54? I don't see how it could, but I remember your engine bay with the Dinan intake in it. Can you repost the pic?

I wish I had paid more attention before - I would really, really like to see that underhood picture again.

2. El Slotho

I guess I'll just keep this bumped until I get an answer. :dunno:

3. 01Mcoupe3.2

01Mcoupe3.2 OT Supporter

Howdy,

Well I bought the filter off of a guy from MZ3.net and had it installed at the dealer back in Houston. I made an appointment and the car was there overnight, but I got it back and the Intake system was on. Not really much I can tell you about it. Truth is I don't know all too much about specifics (model numbers) but I'm trying to learn. I'll try and figure out some more and post as a I get anything that is of relevance.

4. El Slotho

Cool! Thanks for the reply! Do you have that pic of the intake in the engine bay? If they found a way to make the S52 intake work with the S54, I know quite a few M Coupe friends who would be highly interested! :naughty:

5. 01Mcoupe3.2

01Mcoupe3.2 OT Supporter

I think its on the computer at home, but I can try and get my roomate's camera out to the parking garage and get a shot. Or get my sister to send me the picture.

6. El Slotho

Thanks man. Whenever you get a chance. The affairs of college ( :naughty: ) come first, of course. :big grin:

7. El Slotho

Interesting. A friend of mine contacted Dinan and their rep said that there was no way the S52 intake could work with the S54. That the only way your engine could have a Dinan intake on it was if it was an S52 - the older M engine - but then your car wouldn't be an 01....unless I am missing something.

Did whoever install the intake find a way around Dinan's own engineering? Now I am really interested in that picture of your engine bay....

8. 01Mcoupe3.2

01Mcoupe3.2 OT Supporter

Welp,

Sadly, my car = 2000. For some reason I am gay and with the introduction of the newer 315bhp models, I just put 01'.

Here is the engine shot as you requested, I apologize for being a big homo, but at least I don't have to lie anymore.

[​IMG]

Sorry,

-Seven

9. El Slotho

Seven,

Thanks for clearing that up. You have nothing to be ashamed of, and you are not gay. Someone gay wouldn't have come clean. :)