fan recommendations

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by troutie, Mar 27, 2009.

1. troutie

troutie New Member

It's been a long time since I built a computer and I just got a Thermaltake Speedo case and an EVGA x58 mobo. I want to replace the fans that came with the case + add a couple with 3 pin fans to connect directly to the mobo.

Are Panaflo's still the hottest?
    I'm worried about their size at almost 40mm thick fitting in some of the places on this case. I'm looking to get 4 120mm fans and 1 140mm fan.

2. DAN513

DAN513 OT Supporter

I used the scythe fans in the system I built 3 weeks ago, the ones I got move a ton of air and for the amount of air they move, are relatively quiet. They move 63 CFM @ 28dba. No problems keeping my overclocked i7 cool under load.

3. crontab

crontab (uid = 0)

panaflo are good, but i don't think they are made any more.

if you need whisper quiet, i like Nexus fans. they are re-tuned yate loons which are pretty quiet themselves.

scythe fans move a ton of air, but aren't that quiet imho.

4. rsxm5

rsxm5 OT Supporter

:werd: on the Nexus fans... they are pretty much silent. On my computer, I have some Vantec Stealth fans which seem to do a pretty good job, and they are way quieter than the stock pieces of crap (and they are pretty cheap too).

5. troutie

troutie New Member

:coold: Thanks :bigthumb:

So looking at the Nexus and Yate loons I'm gonna go with the YLs. They'll be hooked up to a fan controller so I can tune them myself and they're much cheaper.