fan problems

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by worknprogress, Feb 13, 2004.

1. worknprogress

worknprogress OT Supporter

I'm having problems with the 3 fans connected to my fan/light controller. They turn on when I boot up with my window side of the case off and will stay on until I try and put the side of the case back on and for some reason then turn off. It's not just a loose connection b/c I wiggle the cables once they turn off and get no response. The lights work fine so I know the controller is getting power. I can take a few pics if you need my case is messy as hell though

2. Wolf68k

Wolf68k OT Supporter

power supply maybe
    Do all the fans turn off? And I hope it's just the case fans you're having problems with and that the cpu fan stays up and running with no problems at all.

If it is just the case fans, try just completely disconnecting one and just run the other 2 and see what happens. If they still cut out, sounds like a serious PSU problem. Other wise sounds like you just need a bigger one, but should be able to get by with just 2 for a good while.

3. worknprogress

worknprogress OT Supporter

not the power supply i promise i have an antec true blue 550 , and no the cpu fan is fins and the case fan that's connected to the motherboard is also fine , just the 3 on the fan/light controller are acting up and they work fine until i close my case if i leave one side off they dont' stop

4. Wolf68k

Wolf68k OT Supporter

Might be in that controller then.
    I think I over looked the part about the controller the first time.

Take the fans off the controller and see how they act then. If they are still cutting out, then you'll know it's the fans or atleast not the controller.