LGBT famirry :ugh:

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by RyRy, Jul 3, 2006.

1. RyRy

RyRy Active Member

I was reminded today of why I have a love-hate relationship with my fammiry.

Aunt to cousin: OMG I have got to tell you this story about what J (her grandson) said

I asked him "What would you go it a gay guy asked you out / made a move at you"

His response was "I'd punch him out"

What if he asked again (or something like this we were at the carnival and it got really loud around the ride we were standing by)

His response "I'd beat him up until he got the point and left me alone"

Famirry's response :rofl: :h5:

RhyRhys response :hsugh: And the fakest :rofl: I've ever had to make in my life

:ugh:

2. LikkleBaer

LikkleBaer New Member

I never laugh when people say shit like that - it pisses me off too much. I feel sad that you felt you had to *hugs*.

3. XPX

XPX New Member

that would be the perfect moment to blurt something like "so, basically, you'd beat me up?"

but then they would think that you wanna "hang out" with your cousin and beat you up based on your incest activities...:mamoru:

4. MapleLeaf

MapleLeaf New Member

I never laugh at stuff like that either. Generally I will call them on it and if they didn't know I was gay before they made their comments, they certainly will after.

Intolerance should never be accepted.

5. Wolf

Wolf No one plans to take the path that brings you lowe

6. RyRy

RyRy Active Member

having family that only loves part of you > no family ar all :sad2:

7. RyRy

RyRy Active Member

Yeah if I wanted to tell them it might have been a good opportunity, however I don't feel that they need to know so it was just one of those take a blow to the nuts, get over it and keep on going.

8. RyRy

RyRy Active Member

Did it piss me off, Yes. Especially since my cousin has been around a couple of my gay friends and my ex and never said anything like this towards them. Although out of the gays he's been around with me only one was a flamer. My guess is maybe someone his age has hit on him or something at school, or somewhere and he's had a bad experience. :dunno:

9. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

And in turn, my guess is that he's doing what most guys do at his age; asserting his masculinity by threatening anything that could possibly degrade it...and let's face it, most guys see homosexuality as a huge threat to their masculinity. It is, after all, incomprehensible that a gay man would hit on another man without intending to (pardon my crudeness) bend him over a chair as soon as possible, because it doesn't occur to most people that the difference between hitting on someone and waiting to be hit on by someone is controlled by hormones, not sexual intent.

And why shouldn't young men percieve being hit on by a gay man as a threat to their masculinity? Being in a subservient position to another man is certainly threatening, if it's not what you want. Then again, being in a subservient position to ANY other person is threatening, if it's not what you want -- but it's very rare that a man is subservient to a woman, if for no other reason than because he is usually much stronger.

So your cousin is doing what men usually do -- making it clear to everybody around him that he will bow to no-one. (wait til he gets a job, this will change right quick.) I seriously doubt he would "beat up a fag" if he were really presented with that kind of situation. And I bet your family was laughing at his adolescent posturing, not at the idea of beating up fags.

10. RyRy

RyRy Active Member

This is how fucked up my family is... .we watched Will & Grace on Lifetime this morning for like 2 hours then went out shopping and I ran into an old friend thats teh gay and I got told after I finished talking to him "You know he's a fag right... need to watch yourself around him".

11. RyRy

RyRy Active Member

Yeah I'm sure that's what he really meant I just take it kinda hard when he acts like this, he's the closest guy to my age so he's always looked up to me and calls me at times asking for advice etc. and I've always told him to be nice to everyone, keep an open mind, try to walk a mile in that persons shoes, etc. I've all but came out to the kid "eh dude be like me, let everyone else have the kids! You get to spoil them rotten when they are around and you don't have to mess with gettin a bitch pregnant, the monthly visitors, and life without a woman is sooo much easier" and nobody seems to get it so................:mamoru: And this part of the family I'm talking about is the biblethumping crowd so they hate gay people. Not so much this aunt and cousins, but they are still very religious, conservative to a point.

12. MapleLeaf

MapleLeaf New Member

Another perfect opportunity missed :rolleyes:

They: You know he's a fag right... need to watch yourself around him
    You: He's not a fag, he's my friend. And honestly I don't need to watch myself around him because everyone knows you don't sleep with your friends - it ruins everything. You say fag like it's a bad thing. I'm gay and don't think it is bad at all. {insert campy comment here if needed to remove tension}

13. MapleLeaf

MapleLeaf New Member

Nope that is called conditional love and it is worse than no love at all. It is like holding a treat to a dog - if you jump you can have a cookie. What you are saying is "if you are straight I will love you; not straight - no love"

That is exactly how my mother unit is towards me. I don't talk to her anymore. Love should NEVER have any conditions attached to it because if it does, then it isn't love.

14. RyRy

RyRy Active Member

[move] on you [/move]

15. LikkleBaer

LikkleBaer New Member

You'd think that some people might be pleased that anyone finds them attractive. Be flattered, say thanks but no thanks if you're not into the person, and just walk away.

I think a lot of people spend too much time worrying about what other people do behind closed doors, if you don't want to fuck someone it shouldn't really matter to you whether they're gay or straight.

16. RyRy

RyRy Active Member

To make the text move you have to use the command [ move] [/move]............. I had about an two hours worth of sleep and it was funny to me when I did it :hsd:

17. RyRy

RyRy Active Member

I was making a move on you :slap: :greddyd:

:nikko:

18. Sam Gamgee

Sam Gamgee Every tool is a weapon if you hold it right. OT Supporter

My brother tries to make gay jokes at me.

Him: "Those shoes are gay"
    Me: "Well, if the pump fits" (I wasn't wearing pumps... just regular shoes... but if he's going to call me gay, I'm going to embrace the gay and throw it back at him)

Or, one time I was using a drill to do some stuff in the house
    Him: "You must like to do the drilling" (implying gay sex)
    Me: "Actually I like to be drilled too"

Life's too short to be marginalized... I just throw their insults back at them.

19. Syncytium

Syncytium New Member

I'm really sorry you feel that way. If parents can't accept you for who you are, no matter if it's something they agree with or not, they aren't true parents. :hug:

20. RyRy

RyRy Active Member

about damn time [move]:mamoru: [/move]

21. CoCo

CoCo ...is a Queer Don!! OT Supporter

...hmm.

22. CoCo

CoCo ...is a Queer Don!! OT Supporter

hahahahahaha :bigthumb:

23. RyRy

RyRy Active Member

You figured it out quicker then he did :bowrofl:

24. RyRy

RyRy Active Member

:gfight:

:hug:

25. RyRy

RyRy Active Member

Ok I'm on, can't be on too long I have to start babysetting again at 630am :sad2: