SRS family shit talking drama

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by The Ripper, Jul 22, 2007.

1. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

so this is my first time posting on this part of the forum I don't usually post these kinda things up but I needed to vent.

I'm the guy in the family that doesn't really get involved in any of the arguments or anything but shies away from all of the drama and is kind of on the outside on my own. So there was a family gathering a week or two ago that I had to go to (it was a funeral if it was anything else I wouldn't have gone). I'm there and as usual I'm there and I'm on my own doing my own thing so I don't get caught up in any potential drama.

So one of my step cousins come up to me and we start talking. We used to hang out a lot when we were little so I guess he got bored and we started talking and we caught up with each other. So I tell him yeah I just graduated and I want to be a cop. Hes like yeah I want to be a lawyer why don't you want to be a lawyer too.

I basically told him it wasn't something im interested in because its another 3 years of school a lot of money and the benefits weren't going to be worth it and it would be a job I end up hating. So I said Id rather be a cop because the pays decent enough for me its fun and its something I really want to do.

So I go about my business and a week or two pass. My little sisters then get into an argument with his sister because it so happens that while they were on the phone with their cousin they overheard them saying yeah he doesn't want to go to law school because hes not smart enough but you can make it because your smarter then him and just general smack talking about me in the background.

So my little sisters get into an argument tell my mom and she gets into an argument. Then my mom proceeds to tell me and I'm like look I don't care I don't even talk to those people so why should I care what the hell they have to say just leave it alone because its just a lot of drama that we really don't have to deal with. Meanwhile I know my step dad is probably talking shit about me to them because thats all hes really good for.

So now I'm kind of annoyed because these people are talking smack about me for no reason because its not like I have done anything to them, I don't event talk to them. Then my mom is there fanning the flames and really I guess whats pissing me off is my mom. The only reason I have this drama right now is because my mom starts with them and gets into these competitions where they are trying to prove which kids are better. Its freaking annoying and as usual I'm the one caught in the middle when I don't really care.

2. familyguy101

familyguy101 New Member

go on not caring. Just watch them argue themselves to death and don't even pay attention and it'll be over.

3. sportsjunkie

sportsjunkie OT Supporter

i've been in your situation and the best thing to do is just to ignore them and don't let them bring you down in your dreams to become a cop and do what you want in life.

Prove them wrong; go and become a cop and make a great living for yourself.

4. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

yeah thats what Ill end up doing its what I usually do. I just cant wait till I finally move out so I don't have to deal with any of this drama or hear about it again till I get married and have to deal with my wifes family lol

5. jayvuu

jayvuu New Member

who gives a rats what other people say. just follow your dream and you'll be fine.

6. c0dyblah

c0dyblah New Member

are you from an asian decent?? well i am, and its pretty much that and x2 worse(which is an understatement). and i feel that i'm in your spot. myself being asian,and not really achieving much in their standards, doing just average in highschool. even if i am still relatively young(19-20), my mother compares me to my friends and cousins etc, whom are 3-5 years older than me saying, why haven't you graduated yet??... it doesnt make sense to me either, and i tell her to come back to me in five years, and complain that i havent amounted to anything. but enough threadjacking

yeah, when you get to your career and do what you want to do. by then hopefully you'll love your job and be happy with yourself and your accomplishments. and not end up like those guys in office space movie

7. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

lol I know what your talking about with Asian parents because I hang out with a lot of Asian people. I have no where near the drama that you guys have to put up with. My people dont presure me to do shit the problem is that my mom is competitive and some of the times I think that gets me in trouble even though I have nothing to do with the arguement and my aunts the same way. The only difference is that my cousins trying to compete with me too and Im like wtf is this all about.

I think its some kind of inferiority complex because we were always better off then them so they feel like they have some chip on their shoulder. Back in the day when my step dad used to live with them they would all mooch off of him and were living a pretty good life because they had him paying for everything.

When he married my mom and they got their own place she bassically said why the hell are you still sending them all of this money we barely can make rent because your spending all your money on them and they dont work. So after that my step dad had two kids with my mom and all his focus was on his own family that he had started and I guess they are pissed and envious because my mom took their pay check away.

8. c0dyblah

c0dyblah New Member

well at least you've identified the problem within your family, and that you're not clueless about it.
    well if you want, look at it this way. at least your mother is willing to put up her dukes up to defend you(which is the obvious motherly thing to do.) which some less fortunate people do not have in the first place. it may seem like a burden just cause you're in the center of it, and useless drama but hey mothers will be mothers. usually everything will pass sooner or later, maybe at christmas or something :dunno:
    but most important of all is that you have your plans laid out:bigthumb:, unlike yours truly(i'm still at the "figuring out what to do, while going to college, and have a part-time job" stage:rofl:)