TAT Family Crests

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by It Is Jurrr, Jan 15, 2009.

1. It Is Jurrr

It Is Jurrr OT Supporter

I am wanting to get my family crest on my upper back but i have ran into a problem on the internet with two different sites giving me two different images. I have thought about trying to go to like a library or a book store and trying to find something that may have some more info on it. Would anyone know a place to look that is reliable?

2. ERabbit

ERabbit OT Supporter

Chances are the family crests your going to find are going to be fairly generic, I would either try and locate a source within your family of an original family crest, or design one around family traits you consider to be important

3. :werd: Many websites are just BS. They take the same crest and just do a different design inside the shield. Like Miller will have diagonal red lines inside the shield while Mills will have sideways red lines inside the shield. Pretty cheap and tacky stuff.

I've always wanted to just make my own. Why not? Someone had to create one to begin with. Why not just do it yourself? Research a bunch of crests so you understand the qualities and style.

4. Joesbe

Joesbe Every man dies, but not every man really lives. OT Supporter

99.9% of those websites are scams.

5. el gayvo

el gayvo Active Member

I did mine. I had the artist draw up a completely unique design. most of the designs you'll see online are very generic. so find some examples and what makes your crest unique, then take it to an artist.

6. Hellraiser M.D.

Hellraiser M.D. OT Supporter

:werd:

i'm lucky, my grandmother has an original family crest from back in the 1600's passed down. I'll get it on my back along with another crest I have.