False Rape Accusations

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by ptwiggens, Jun 10, 2006.

1. ptwiggens

ptwiggens New Member

This topic doesn't come up very much because usually it is pushed back by the media in fear of casting doubt on real rape victims...

However, with these Duke allegations and how high profile it has become, it is an issue that is being dealt with easier now... as with the kobe bryant case.

If you know the in's and out's of these two cases, its nearly impossible to come to the conclusion that any rape occurred... so if you don't follow closely what is going on... don't chime in and say "It definitely happened" or something.

For those of you not familiar with the topic, you may question why anyone would ever falsely accuse someone of raping them... if you have your doubts... read this first http://home.earthlink.net/~jamiranda/whyLie.htm

The fact of the matter is that anywhere from 1 of 10 to 1/2 of all rape complaints are false. I'm curious though if any on here has dealt with this personally.

Last october, the friend of a girl I was dating got really pissed off at me, and convinced the girl I was dating to go along with a story that I did stuff to her that she didn't want me to do... she apparently agreed because her loyalties were with her friend... Long story short... after making my life a living nightmare for more than a month... she eventually came clean about making up the story and the charges were dropped. Now... I cannot even explain the emotional damage this has caused me and my family... nor can I even begin to explain the ways in which the justice system is seriously flawed... though I can certainly try.

Before the above experience... I had the same thought process that undoubtedly many of you have. I always thought "even if he wasn't convicted... SOMETHING must have happened." I'm here to tell you that is not true at all. Anyways... any of you guys had direct/indirect experiences with this?

2. JohnBuuu

JohnBuuu New Member

IF she came clean that her accusations were false, then I would ask you how come you did not file suit? Im about the least sue happy person I know, but if someone tried to do something like that to me, and admitted they lied, I will be damned if I wouldnt act. False accusations of any kind can seriously F up someones life. Seems to me like the justice system is working the best it can, you just didnt use it.

3. Guardfather

Guardfather The Paradox

I've got somewhat similar experiences from childhood. I wish more people would accept that there are a great number of false accusations out there.

I think it's good that you posted this, because I think a lot of people in society are media pawns who jump to the "GUILTY!" conclusion as soon as accusations are made or announced.

4. ptwiggens

ptwiggens New Member

I had a long discussion about with my attorney and although it was possible I was given the advice not to sue... it would have taken up a lot of my time... and along with my attorney's advice I didn't feel much like wasting time on some pathetic girl who has no money anyways.

5. Tony Stark

Tony Stark John McCain has an illegitimate mexican baby

so you let her get away with fucking up your life to a long time, just becuase you were lazy? Even if she had no money, I would have sued and dragged her name thru the mud.

6. ptwiggens

ptwiggens New Member

Trust me... this is exactly how I felt. I wante to make her life hell (legally). But after talking to my attorney it just wasn't the smart thing to do. It wasn't that I was lazy... at all... it's a lot more than that. I would do anything to put her through something even half as bad as I went through.

7. kronik85

kronik85 New Member

several of my ex's have had men attempt to rape them (1 actualy was).

i know what men are capable of, and i know what women are capable of. i dont pass judgement quickly at all.

8. ptwiggens

ptwiggens New Member

That statement literally means nothing. Isn't a bit weird that several of your ex's have had men attempt to rape them? I mean... did all of them press charges or just let it go? Let me guess... they just let it go... right? Yeah... there is no way they could be playing the sympathy card. Your not the only one to know several women who claim that men have attempted to rape them... I knew over 5 before my experience and I never doubted them... but to tell you the truth what has happened to me has really opened my eyes... and a lot of women use it to get attention. It would be ignorant to put it past them.

9. darnit

darnit New Member

wouldn't that depnd on thier defintion of rape?
    Even court cases are based on opinions.
    I would love to see where you get your stats on the false cases out there.

10. Devilish

Devilish Remind me AGAIN

Can't you get charged with making a false report in the US?

11. ptwiggens

ptwiggens New Member

Rape meaning the guy used physical force to overpower... or used threats or intimidation in order to coerce her to comply. Did you know that they are putting out there that even if you did not say no, and did not make any physical action at all to stop the guy from having sex with you... it can still be rape. Feminists claim that the number of false rape cases is nearly non existant at 2%. There are actually hard core feminists that say false rape does not even exist. The studies that have been done specifically on false rape have shown that the percentage is somewhere around 40%-50%. Manhattan has a 50% false rape percentage... that is, one out of every two rape complaints is unfounded.

12. darnit

darnit New Member

off course it can still be rape.. if she is too drunk to say yes or no.. its rape..plus a whole range of previous intimidation should count.Or in your opinion shouldn't that count?
    Now show me the official link for your stats.Cuz the one I found showed the numbers flucuated. So that 50% is an average over 9 years. And if your looking at the same one, was done in a small town of 70,000 people. And the report I would likely to believe stated about 25% not 50%

Last edited: Jun 10, 2006
  13. Solus Emsu

Solus Emsu ****** U N R A T E D ! ****** -----THAT'S HOW I RO

I'm not touching this topic with a 10 foot pole.............

I don't want it to say I raped it.

14. ptwiggens

ptwiggens New Member

Yes false reporting is a crime, but women get a slap on the wrist at best if convicted... they don't want to scare real rape victims from coming forward. It doesn't really make sense to make the punishment greater either as that would prevent girls who have lied about the rape from coming forward.

Obviously when I said didn't say no or make any physical action to stop the man, I was not including when she was not coherent enough to make that decision. If she was threatened, intimidated, drunk, passed out... obviously those would be rape.

here are the statistics and some other websites.

http://www.americandaily.com/article/5075

http://www.anandaanswers.com/pages/naaStats.html

http://www.falserape.net/four_disney_employees_exonerated.html

http://nhindymedia.org/mod/comments/display/5293/index.php

man... look at this statistic by the way from the UCSC rape prevention site:

"In a 1999 longitudinal study of 3,000 women, researchers found women who had been victimized before were seven times more likely to be raped again. (Acierno, Resnick, Kilpatrick, Saunders and Best, Jnl. of Anxiety Disorders 13, 6.)"

do you actually believe that?

oh... here is a good one off that same site... they say that if a man threatens to end a relationship if the girl does not want to have sex, that constitutes coercion to have sex and if the girl does have sex than it could be rape.

15. ledzep73

ledzep73 New Member

My ex told alot of her guy friends that I raped her after we broke up. I've decided people are fucked up.

16. Cthalupa

Cthalupa New Member

I have a bit of difficulty believing the stats of false rape reports as being anywhere near 50%, but there's no denying it happens.

The problem is, the legal system has a tendancy to be overly biased in one direction, then changes are made to fix the bias, and it just becomes overly biased in the other direction. It continues to swing back and forth, and very rarely have I ever seen it hit a real balance.

17. darnit

darnit New Member

so other than a study conducted 10 years ago.. with research conducted by court cases and not completley by admission of guilt.

I am not saying there arent some false accusations.. I just dont think it's 50%.
    I would present these questions to you.
    1. How many rapes dont get reported?
    2. How many that get reported get dropped due to various leagal reasons.

The fact that by DNA evidence in one of the articles you posted states that 2 out of 10 were negitive another 2 out of 10 were inconclusive. That still leave 6 out of 10 postive, plus 2 unknowns, and how many didn't get reported?

18. ptwiggens

ptwiggens New Member

Did you look at all of those links?

There were two studies conducted in two different cities that both had around 41%... the only ones that were counted as false were ones where the women confessed to making it up.

The number of rapes that don't get reported has literally no relevancy to the subject other than to say that if all real rapes were reported than the percentage of false reports really would be miniscule in comparison. In response to question 2, ones that get dropped because lack of evidence etc are not counted as unfounded and thus have no effect on the study. If you were to include those it would probably make the false reporting percentage higher because a lot of girls don't confess but just refuse to testify instead to keep themselves out of trouble.

19. darnit

darnit New Member

http://www.cvclv.org/stats.html
    http://www.rainn.org/statistics/index.html

and I could go on...

But the facts remain.. recant doesnt mean the first alligation isnt true.
    Women will change thier story due to fear of reprisal.
    More people that you realize either get raped,have some one attempt to rape them, sexually abuse or sexually assualt.
    So your "facts" are only half the story, actually, not even a third of it.
    let me help you out..

According to a survey done in a town of 70,000, all REPORTED rape case of people over the age of 12 ,over 40% were recanted.

I am sorry you have been falsely accused, but dont think there isnt other things involved. I have dated 2 women that were raped and didnt reported it. One becuase at the time she was married, and she was told" he's your husband" "he can do anything he wants"
    and the other was scared because her family was very religous and she had seen thier reaction to another girl in thier hometown that had been raped.

So again, sorry you went through alot of grief.
    But there is more to the overall story...

20. ptwiggens

ptwiggens New Member

Like I said before, the number of rapes that are not reported has no relevancy, since we are talking about the percentage of REPORTED rapes that are false... if all rapes were reported then the percentage of false reports would be very small. Your really reaching... girls do not need to recant their stories in order for the case to be dropped. Fear of reprisal? Give me a break... the girls in that trial all gave the reasons why they made it up in the first place... mainly revenge, hiding a relationship or affair, and sympathy. Now, not only that, but a restraining order is automatically entered against the suspect, and any intimidation or witness tampering will land you in jail. The statistics on victims advocacy sites make me laugh... on most sites they have conflicting statistics, and then give ones that are totally bogus... like where they say that 1/4 college girls will be the victim or a rape or attempted rape... the numbers say otherwise. For the record, recant does mean the first story isn't true... please do not make assumptions that are not backed up by fact in any way.

21. ptwiggens

ptwiggens New Member

Oh... and the core issue here is not the percentage of false rapes at all, or how often it happens. The fact of the matter is any girl, for any reason, at any time, with nothing but her word, can ruin a man's life without any consequences if she is lying. Let me give you a little run down of what you might go through if your falsely accused.

1) You will be arrested and booked, and your shit out of luck if its on a friday or saturday night because they won't bail you to monday at the latest. If you can't afford an attorney, expect to wait a few days anyways to even get in front of a judge.

2) While your in jail, because your accused of a violent crime, they will put you in with all of the rapists and murderers.

3) Make bail... which can range anywhere from $2500-$40000+ out of your own pocket. If you cannot afford bail, you will be spending months with the most violent men in the jail.

4) Hire an attorney. A good attorney will cost you upwards of $40000 if the case goes to trial. If you can't afford one, you will be eaten by the system.

5) Find out that if you are convicted you face life in prison, no matter what kind of sex assault you are accused of (in colorado, anything from sticking your hand down a girls pants to violently raping a girl is the same punishment. Life.)

6) If you miss work because you are in jail, you may be fired... or if your employer finds out about the charges you also may be fired. This couldn't be at a worse time because you will now need tons of money to pay for an attorney.

7) People that know you may stop associating with you, and SO's as well. This is one of the only crimes where you are guilty until proven innocent.

8) You will have to miss a lot more work because of the stuff you have to do pretrial, and the trial itself.

9) Deal with the inhuman amount of emotional and psychological trauma that being falsely accused will cause you and your family.

10) Even if exonerated, live with the stigma of being a sex offender, because the public will automatically assume the only reason you didn't get convicted is because the prosecutor didn't have enough evidence.

theres a small taste of what it's like to get falsely accused. Regardless of the percentage, it makes me sick thinking that any guy goes through this.

22. darnit

darnit New Member

you sir obviously have no idea about women or thier fears.. but then again.. you were with a girl who thought incourse without ejaculation meant she was still a virgin.When you have a few more emotionally stable realtionships under your belt, I think you'll find that fears motivate alot of people.

As you get older, you will learn more.. or should I say.. as you get older you will find out how much everyone else has learned in a few short years..

and again.. you have my sympathies about being falsley accused.

23. ptwiggens

ptwiggens New Member

More unsubstantiated claims. Could you be more condescending? You have no idea what you are talking about... you are pulling claims out of thin air and treating them as fact.

24. darnit

darnit New Member

should I quote your previous posts?
    She thinks she a virgin..
    But no matter..
    You have my sympathy
    and my pity

25. ptwiggens

ptwiggens New Member

I have no idea why you brought that up here... I guess to attack me. I don't want your sympathy or pity. I'm trying to raise awareness of the issue and that is it.