GUN False news report?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by D-FENS, Feb 12, 2004.

1. D-FENS

D-FENS New Member

Does anybody remember a false news report that showed a guy take a preban AK47 and shoot it at a cinderblock, and it gets blown apaprt, then he takes a new, post ban AK47 and shoots it at a cinderblock and nothing happens? If so, can anyone provide a link to the article, either the original, or one that states that the original article was false? I need it for a report on gun control for my english class, so I'd appreciate it if you anyone could post it as soon as possible.

2. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

ha. that'd be awesome. "yeah, preban assault weapons are armor piercing. see what it did to that cinder block? but postban assault weapons won't do that."

3. D-FENS

D-FENS New Member

That's what actually happened in the report. It was first shown on TV (I think it was NBC) as true, but later on, other news sites (this never made it to tv, of course [they'd never air anything that doesn't make guns look bad], just websites) reported how that report was false, and the guy in the report who shot the two, supposedly different, AK47s apologized for misleading people.
    I got the report done without that anyway, it was going to be for my "lies of the anti-gun movement" section, but I found plenty of other examples in American Rifleman.

And now for the works cited page... I hate this part the most... then after that, a lab report. Then, a big project for my geometry class. Then, I have about 1 1/2 hours worth of history homework. Then I have some spanish, which I'll probably do in study tomorrow. its 7:30 here right now.. This will be a long night, expecially considering that I haven't even started my lab or geometry project.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2004
  4. Ichabod Crane

Ichabod Crane Active Member

It was on CNN. Some sheriff dude was involved.

5. RealFastV6

RealFastV6 OMFGh4x0rzZ!!111

6. RealFastV6

RealFastV6 OMFGh4x0rzZ!!111

EDIT: Nope, nevermind, guess they got my nasty email this morning.

7. Kwik maxx

Kwik maxx Guest

The AW ban is such a crock, I bet if you showed a bunch of senators a post ban M4 with a welded muzzle break and a pinned car stock and then showed them a pre ar15 with a M4 upper and a car stock in the opened position. If you asked them to tell you the difference how many of them would know? I'm sure the media would just suggest that we ban all AW's since the differences are really academic.

8. Platinum_Thunder

Platinum_Thunder Reliability for life and liberty

Well all how how many flash supressors killed people last year :mamoru:

9. USMCsilver

USMCsilver Active Member

I'm not sure if it was CNN or Fox News, but it got run a second time due to the number of complaints about the initial run. However, the second time around was much different. Not really for the better, but they didn't specify how off they were on the first run.

There's videos of both runnings floating around the web.