SRS Falling sleep in the same bed with dad in the house.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by purplebeast, Feb 6, 2007.

1. purplebeast

purplebeast The depths of hell and endless torture await all h

Quick background. Me and this girl's dad get along great. I dated his step daughter for about 18 months. And altough that didnt work, we remained pretty good friends over the past 5 yrs. Ocasionally go to a bar toguether, shooting range, that sort of thing.

So now im kind of talking to his actual daughter. Last week we were watching TV in her room after going out. She felt sleep and I left about an hr later. She thinks that I should have stayed because her dad would not have cared. Which chances are he wouldnt I guess. But my thinking has always been to act towards dads as I would want guys to act towards me if I had a daughter.

And I personally would not want to wake up and find my daughter cuddling with some guy in her room. Regardless of whether the door was open or not and that they were fully dressed. Now, had he known I was gonna stay , then thats fine I would have stayed.

So now she feels like Im kissing her dads ass (she hates her dad BTW). But I feel like its not a "kissing ass" scenario, but rather a respect issue. I absolutely will not kiss anyones ass, ever. But Im a firm believer in respecting my friends and GF's parents as much as i respect my own. What you all think?

2. kingtoad

kingtoad OT Supporter

Very respectful of you. You did nothing wrong.

3. eidolon

eidolon New Member

Well, it's commendable what you did, but is it really disrespectful if *he* wouldn't consider it a sign of disrespect?

4. purplebeast

Well, ur right. He may not think so. But I would think so, so dosent that still make it disrespectful?

5. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

You did the right thing in his eyes, but not in hers. I think she wanted more maby, but personally it would have been an eye sore to see people messing around like that, im going along with it that it was the respectfull thing to do.

6. purplebeast

Aight cool. I just wanted some re-assurance that I wasnt the only one that tought so.
    And about that more thing, i dont think so. She lives on her own and I go to spend the weekend there. She just happened to be at her dads house for the weekend.

7. eidolon

eidolon New Member

If you were on the receiving end, sure. If the dad is cool with it though, why not :p It sounds like you're on excellent terms with him, and that he wouldn't flip his shit over you spending the night with his daughter anyway.

8. SpectraRedZ

SpectraRedZ New Member

You only had her word that her dad wouldn't care. You did what you thought was right. My dad never cared about my bf & I sleeping in the same bed or whatever, but my mom did, as well as his parents for a little while (they gave up after a couple months though, realizing we were serious about each other). Sounds like the two of you (you & her dad) get along pretty well and no harm would be done though.

9. VashTheStampede

VashTheStampede New Member

I think you did the right thing. Especially now that you said that she doesn't even live there.

10. 7960

7960 New Member

respect is a personal thing...if purplebeast thinks it's disrespectful then it is. If he felt he should have left then he should have.

purplebeast, good choice.

11. eidolon

eidolon New Member

True... I always viewed it as a bit of a two way street though.

12. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

What's that saying?? Ahh yes: "To thine own self be true."

You didn't feel comfortable staying, it doesn't matter the reason. You honored your own feelings in this regard and that's all that matters.

13. purplebeast

Well no, I never tought he would actually flip out. Now we are wayyyyy past that stage. Once, he pretty much barged in while I was banging his step daughter before we were even dating. I went out thru the window and ran arround the block. THo he couldnt prove It was me, he told me in no uncertain terms that is dangerous to sneak arround peoples houses at night. A person is liable to get mistaken for a burglar and shot, lol.

But that was back when i was 19. Funny thing is that even back then I really did not want to do that in his house. But I was too young and horny to say no to his step daughter.:rofl:

14. Kortiz-DZ

Kortiz-DZ Resident Nigerian Lipper OT Supporter

This is a non-issue...

Just keep acting the way you are. She'll begin to realize what you mean...if she has any brains at all.

15. purplebeast

Well honestly, thats kind of like worries me. She is supposed to "know" me pretty well by now. I dated her sister for 18 months, I've been arround the family for the past 4 yrs for some B-days, Xmas, thanksgiving ,etc. And I've never acted any different towards her dad. I really dont know why would she mis-read me like that.

16. illmaceyougood

illmaceyougood New Member

Am I the only person who got a different meaning from the thread title? :)

17. 7960

7960 New Member

:rofl: no

18. Xtreme2k2

Xtreme2k2 GTI Crew ಠ_ಠ OT Supporter

:rofl:

19. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

The problem is that she likes you, and because you didn't make a move on her you basically said to her "You're ugly, stupid, or fat." So yeah, she's upset, and you're completely missing the point.

20. melda2m

melda2m New Member

Careful it sounds like you may have more problems ahead. Have you considered that since she hates her Dad she wanted you to stay and him to find you together. If she really hates him she could be using you to piss him off. Rember you're his friend, thats a very good way to stir up trouble. This may not be the case, but be on the lookout for drama. Do what you think is right don't let her ruin the friendship. Even if she really does like you there is a good chance that she hates her father more.