SRS falling down and not bothering to pick yourself up

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by crazed numa fan, Jul 21, 2006.

1. anyone else in the same boat? :hs:

2. Clix

Clix New Member

I used to be. Just gotta force yourself up.

3. nish81

nish81 OT Supporter

Have to remember that life will continue.

4. Arclight

Arclight Hypercube

Not picking yourself up? What are you gonna do? Wait around?

Nonsense. Get youself together and keep trying and never give up because when you give up it's the only time you really fail.

5. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

Only when I was drunk.

6. Mars Princess

Mars Princess They hatin'

that's where I am. I don't have any motivation or will to do much with myself anymore. SEems like everytime I do, I just end right back where I am now. I've always motivatd other people and I would tell myself right now that it is not the end of the world. As long as there is time, there is opportunity but for some reason, things juset aren't working out for me like they eventually do for other people. Life won't come to a standstill for you though. I've learned the hard way that doing nothing when you cuold be doing something to make things a little better doesn't help matters, but it's hard to find the motivation to start sometimes

7. -argonaut-

-argonaut- New Member

Admittedly, falling down is the easy part..., it's the getting back up, dusting yourself off, straightening yourself back up and heading back out in to the world that's the hard part, no one's gonna deny that.

It occurs to me that the getting back up part, the hard part, comes from first realizing that you want something more for yourself than what you know is but the temporary comfort that comes from doing nothing about anything, your realizing that something, somewhere inside of you has a vision or a plan of your being something more than that huddled mass of humanity crumpled up there on the sofa, bed, floor/wherever.

Upon realizing this, you come to the conclusion that there is some part of you that wants more for you than what there is at the time, that you had some plans or ideas of what you were going to do, who you were going to be, what you planned on becoming and doing with your life and, somewhere in there, you have to realize that the only person who can make this happen is you.

You also need to realize and accept that not everyone in your life may want for you the same things that you do and will try, again and again, to pick a path for you of their choosing. It may even prove to be beneficial for you to follow this path for a period of time while you're on the way to your own destination, realizing that by doing so you'd possibly be furthering your own goal, that their choices may help you along the way to your own.

There's always going to be opposition to everything we do in life, that's just the way that life is, it pushes, sometimes even hard enough to knock you down, but you've got to push back just as hard, if not even harder, to win for yourself the right to pursue your own path as all of life is a struggle and everything in it, down to the smallest plant that has to struggle it's way out first from the seed that holds it, then the soil that would trap it and keep it forever in darkness, has to struggle to survive.

We have to likewise struggle to get back up, dust ourselves back off, and head back out again and again, taking in us the knowledge that with every step that does'nt kill us only makes us that much more stronger to continue on in the struggle to follow our own path..., look for it it in you, find it and draw from it the energy to pick yourself back up and head out into the world again, it's all there for those that are willing to put in the effort, for those willing to make the struggle to find their own path, to live their own lives.

Nothing in life has ever come easily to man that was anything worth keeping..., it's the stuff you've gotta fight for that's worthwhile and will serve you the best in this life.

p.s. This all may be a little distorted, jumbled even, but I hope that it serves to help someone out there if for nothing else than to pick themselves back up off of the floor.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2006
  8. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Problem with that is if you fall then YOU are the one who faces the negative consequenses. You'll only see daylight again when you climb out of that hole. So its best to invest your efforts to get yourself out of the low life.

9. -argonaut-

-argonaut- New Member

Yeah, the only one that keeps you in the hole, that keeps you down is you.