Fallen Sword (WARNING! web based browser game)

Discussion in 'Gamers' Pulse' started by mixwell, Feb 12, 2010.

1. mixwell

mixwell weakkutz

I want to first off mention that this is a web based browser game, so the graphics are very poor, but the gameplay isn't too bad. I wouldn't expect most people to sit at home playing this everyday, as I certainly don't. I usually play this while at work during my downtime. So... a little about the game.

If you ever played mafia wars or mob wars, it kind of has the same concept in one aspect. There is something called stamina in this Fallen Sword. In order to do certain things in the game, you must have it. It's mainly used to hunt, pvp (attack other players) and buffing. When you first start off, you gain 50 stamina every hour. Getting into a good guild, they have structures which will up your stamina gain per hour up to 65. With upgrades using FSP (fallen sword points) you can up it to a max of 90. Like I said, almost everything you do in game revolves around stamina, so planning and using it as wisely as possible is very important.

There are a few aspects to this game which you can approach it and play it at. Most people who play the game are levelers. They hunt creatures which in turn give them experience and gold. There is no cap to this game and it has been running for at least 3 years now. The highest level in the game is currently level 884, which would take a few years to even get to. There are also PvPers. People who attack other players to either loot their gold or people they enjoy the pvping aspect of the game. There is a rating system for almost everything in the game, and pvp rating is one of them. Some people prefer to play the economy side of the game and horde gold and fsp. They will work the Auction House and buy low and sell high. There is an arena in the game which many participate in. There are Super Elites which are essentially special creatures that drop a rare and sought out items. Just recently they added in Titans into the game. Look at them as bosses in game that will randomly spawn and drop a very rare reward for which guild does the most damage to it. There are many other aspects and ways to play the game but those are just a few.

The game is pretty simple and easy to pick up and play. What the more advance players do is constantly research what is the next zone they will be fighting in and exactly what items and buffs they will need. To really perfect the game, You do need to spend some time planning exactly what you are going to do with your stamina when you hunt. Aimlessly running around works, but You will most likely waste a good chunk of stamina. Planning your hunts will certainly make it a lot easier to level faster and be as efficient as possible.

The main way the game keeps afloast is by donations. You donate real money in order to gain FSP which is what you will need to get special upgrades for your character like I mentioned earlier, getting more stamina/hour. You can also increase your max stamina, more bag space, more auction space and many many other types of upgrades. You can also do free rewards to gain FSP, which I'm sure pays the game company for each one you have accomplished.

Still reading? Well if you are interested, below is a referral link which you can click on to try out. I do get a small bonus for recruiting new players, but it's not prominent until you reach a decently high level. I thought I'd share this game with others as it's decently fun to play while at work. I play WoW at home, so to any of those WoW players out there, you'll definitely be able to see how big of a difference in graphics and gameplay this definitely is! :mamoru:

If there are enough people interested, I'll post links on sites I use when I do plan my hunts and just useful information. If you do have any questions, feel free to post here and I'll try to check it every once in a while. You can probably reach me faster in game though. On the left module in game, click on "actions" then "find player" Just type in "Mrwigglez" and send me a message.

[​IMG] <--- click

2. Snoopy007

Snoopy007 #´・ω・)っ且~ OT Supporter

in for OT taking over this game but i doubt that anyone will play so unless other people play then i'm out

3. JohnnyChuttz

JohnnyChuttz Fucks given: 0 OT Supporter

Blocked at work, or I would be all over it.

4. Joker

Joker OT Supporter

Internet Access Policy Denied
    The requested webpage is www.fallensword.com.
    The category of this URL is Games;Newsgroups/Forums.

5. mixwell

mixwell weakkutz

I've been playing on and off since 2007. Possible for OT to take over, but it would take a while and it depends on what aspect of the game. GvG (guild vs guild) it would be possible, but on leveling it would be nearly impossible unless you spent at least 1+ years playing it. I'm currently in one of the top 10 guilds and it helps being in a top guild as you get gear which the guild provides for you. Gear can be very very expensive in even the lower levels as well. Buffs are another thing which guilds provide for you which can help you gain levels faster and even gold faster.

I'm surprised it's blocked for you guys at work =\ Luckily my work doesn't have as many filters I suppose :mamoru: Lets me view most things except pages like facebook and such.

6. mixwell

mixwell weakkutz

whoever jonhantn and chucknades is in game, if you have any questions, feel free to PM me. I'm usually on and off through out the day if I'm at home sometimes.

7. mixwell

mixwell weakkutz

glad to see a few more people trying the game out =)

8. Snoopy007

OT isn't blocked at work even though it's a forum? :noes:

9. mixwell

mixwell weakkutz

that is strange isn't it. I'm lucky my work only blocks certain popular sights. I can go to web games and forums =)

10. mixwell

mixwell weakkutz

11. Lantis745

Lantis745 Member

I'm already addicted

12. mixwell

mixwell weakkutz

let me know in game or here if you have any questions =) Lots have joined already, but not many seemed to have given it a chance and tried leveling yet it seems.

13. mixwell

mixwell weakkutz

No one is asking any questions or I haven't seen anyone log on since the first time you guys have logged on. I'd like to get more people into this to start a small OT community of the game =) Besides my guild, I don't have much other people to talk to about the game.

14. mixwell

mixwell weakkutz

15. Snoopy007

ok fine i'll give it a shot :o

16. Snoopy007

tell me what to put my skill points into

17. assclown

assclown Active Member

I signed up and got one-shotted by a snow leopard. :o

18. mixwell

mixwell weakkutz

very easy... all points into damage.

19. mixwell

mixwell weakkutz

hmm those are level 3 mobs. Make sure your attack is higher than the mobs def and your dmg is higher than the combine armor and hp of the mobs. You ALWAYS want to be 1 hitting. Get into a guild asap as they will have equipment for you to use and structures which will boost your dmg and such even more. It wasn't until I got into even a newbie guild that had semi decent structures that I noticed I was leveling a hell of a lot faster! I'm on my lunch break right now, but I'll try to remember to post some links for you guys on guides and such. The fallen sword forums can be quite useful as well!

20. Snoopy007

lemme join your guild

21. Snoopy007

i only have three item slots in my backpack? :ugh:

22. mixwell

mixwell weakkutz

I would, but it's a top 10 guild and requirements are quite high =\ 3 slots is more than enough for now. I didn't start upgrading mine till level 200+

a few people have really taken off and started playing it seems. PM me if you have any questions!

23. mixwell

mixwell weakkutz

back up to the top.

24. mixwell

mixwell weakkutz

alphad0g :wavey:

25. jadahiss

jadahiss New Member

horrible... just horrid whore