MIL Fallen Airman

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Figori, Sep 30, 2008.

1. Figori

Figori Taking BRC to the EXTREME. OT Supporter

I don't know how many of you are spiritual or what not, but throw up to whomever you normally do. Lost an Airman this past Thursday. Husband is deployed. He will be here for the funeral. Goes to show you that no one is invincible, and you don't have to be in the sand box to pass from this world. Being on honor guard has opened my eyes to alot of things. Having to make a shadow box for someone younger than me just proves that we don't always have as long as we think.
    [​IMG]

:(

2. MumblingJoe169

MumblingJoe169 New Member

wa happened

3. tunes

tunes OT Supporter

4. Figori

Airman was returning to base after a going away party for a friend and was involved in an accident at highway speeds. She later died from complications at the hospital. Investigation by the City and the Base are still underway. Funeral with full military honors will be today at 1400 CST. I will be on the Firing Line.

5. Cyan Connect

Cyan Connect Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra. OT Supporter

I am sorry for your loss. I know how you feel. I came back from Kuwait in November of 2006. I was home for less than a week when our Commander imformed us that one of my buddies who served with me in Kuwait died in a motorcycle crash in Montana. We worked in different sections while we were deployed. But from the few times that I saw him, I managed to remember his every mannerism and just about everything we ever talked about.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2008
  6. jmx2323

jmx2323 OT Supporter

O ok I heard about this I'm at Maxwell tdy right now, sad to hear

7. tunes

tunes OT Supporter

ASBC?

8. jmx2323

jmx2323 OT Supporter

unfornutaly yes

9. Figori

One of the instructors (Capt type) came over and was our OIC. He's a really good guy.

I don't know what was the hardest thing about the ceremony. Listening to the Security Forces A Flight roll call, with her name being called 3 times, and then the flight chief stepping back for the bearers (no coffin), or listening to the sobs during Taps. The one thing that Honor Guard has done to me is if I am not involved in the ceremony, I can't help but get emotional. I just know so much more now that I am actually involved with their final resting. I don't know.

I didn't actually know the Airmen who was killed, but alot of my friends did. I'm just trying to do what I can for them.

10. NEp8ntballer

NEp8ntballer New Member

a buddy of mine was down there earlier. he made several comments about the ineptitude that many new officers have for leadership.

OP thanks for your service in the Honor Guard. you all do some truly amazing work.

11. Accord

Accord New Member

3 days ago in Kandahar we were woken up at 0200 for a ramp ceremony and I was one of 6 Marines who carried the body of a fallen Marine from 2/7 killed earlier that day. The slow playing of the Marines Hymn as we carried him up the ramp of the C130 and then the playing of taps, it was brutal. The absolute silence of the brisk Afghanistan night with the only sound being the electric motor of the cargo door closing on the back of the aircraft and then the final "sealing" noise it makes, the whole thing was just brutal.

I thought it was really cool that every British Royal Marine on the base showed up to pay their final respects to the fallen US Marine as we loaded him on the plane to send him home to his family. They may be from another country, but they're still Marines.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2008
  12. jbuffethed

jbuffethed Member

Same here. We have 2 guys from my shop in HG that I think are doing the funeral.

13. FSTMX5

FSTMX5 New Member

kandahar is getting brutal...glad i can help keep you guys safe though

just remember..there are pepole watching over that you all dont even know about :sadwavey: