Faixa Roxa

Discussion in 'MMA Training Logs' started by Hillary, Apr 23, 2008.

1. Hillary

Hillary fukc yaeh. ew waitled long enough. nujgses of hill

Well, I suppose that I should start a new training log.

5/24/06, I started jiu jitsu, wearing a hand me down HCK (size A4 shrunk to A2 in the dryer) and donning a slighly browned size A4 whitebelt that hung to my knees when tied. 4/7/07, I received my blue belt. As of 4/22/08, I am a purple belt. Here's the story.

I probably should have known something was up when Roli and Matt were kicking my ass a little more than usual tonight. This kind of requires a background story.

I recieved my blue belt last year after winning Pan Ams as a white belt. I got two really big accomplishments in the following tournaments--winning a blue belt men's division and beating a brown belt twice--but didn't think anything real of it. In jest one day, I reminded Matt of this and jokingly said, "Come on, man, ONE stripe!" He promptly reminded me of my place as a woman with a swift "STFU" and went back to business. Later, with too big of a grin on his face, he came and presented me with a TKD stripe, telling me I HAD to make sure it was visible at Pan Ams. I did, I won, and at that tournament and subsequent tournaments I got a lot of hell for it. Alas, all in good fun.

[​IMG]

So tonight, after class, I was going to bow out and Matt started into one of his oh-so-eloquent post grappling speeches. "Hell, Roli's trying to make Hillary's jiu jitsu good, but I'm just trying to embarrass her. And I can't fit any more TKD tips on that damn belt. So...we got her a new one." All grins, I went to recieve my purple belt, only to discover it adorned as well, hahhaa.
    [​IMG]

Matt, Roli, and all the boys at Westside: I love you guys!

[​IMG]
    From this point on, I don't want to spend any time whatsoever worrying about my rank. No "road to brown belt," no desire for stripes. I just want to get better. I want to travel, train, and meet and roll with a variety of new people. I want to see what established purple belts have to bring me in competition.

Currently I jump guard and work subs and sweeps from there. I want to work more on open and half guard in competition, as well as more mount and judo.

In a week I leave for Renato Tavares' academy. 2x a day classes and a few privates should prepare me for purple belt Mundials and the ADCC trials we both plan on going to.

I return home for five days where I'll train hard with my team, before flying to LA. I'll train for five days with Brazilian Top Team (2x day for 3 days, then 2 light trainings). I'll take Thursday off then compete Friday and Saturday.

Hillary

Last edited: Apr 24, 2008
  2. Bausk

Bausk New Member

kickass

3. Optamix

Optamix New Member

It seems we won't EVER be in the south at the same time.

So bring your ass to Maryland to tie some fools in a knot.

I'll take you to a kick ass sea food place.

Then later that night after some wine I will rape/spit.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2008
  4. teep

teep New Member

you filthy cheating whore. thats what you told me too!

5. Exiled

Exiled New Member

Good girl

6. VulgarTheClown

VulgarTheClown A child and a gun.....go together like apple pie a

Hillary is my role model.

7. adrenalin112

adrenalin112 New Member

lets roll when youre in LA. and no trying to get cheap feels on me either. :squint:

8. Hillary

Adrenalin, where do you train? The people that are letting me crash on their couch are also letting me borrow a car, so it's a possibility.

In other news, yesterday was the first time in my purple belt and I did some rolling with another purple. He's very, very strong and incredibly technical, so of course he didn't go hard on me, but pushed me. I felt much more able to keep the pace, more balanced, and spent less time thinking and more time doing jiu jitsu. It was cool.

Fight Saturday.

9. Optamix

Optamix New Member

Your dog is cute.

Unlike you.

10. adrenalin112

adrenalin112 New Member

i train at GracieBarra costa mesa (same place that OTer Rob H trains at as well). its a good school, ill pm you my number sometime.

11. Hillary

Sounds good.

My girl backed out for the fight due to an inflamed vagina. (That was a joke). So, I rolled hard and noon class Friday and pwned some blue belts that I used to roll even with. My purple belt (or the TKD tips) are magic. I think it's the gold dragon one.

Another girl stepped up, she'll be weighing in later today.

"Matt (Coach), how much does she weigh?"
    "I don't know."
    "Matt, what team is she from?"
    "I don't know."
    "Matt, what's her record?"
    "Hillary. I don't fucking know. She has a vagina and she wants to fight. So shut the fuck up and fight."

Hahahahahahaha.

12. VulgarTheClown

VulgarTheClown A child and a gun.....go together like apple pie a

and she pussed out too. I'm sorry.

13. Hillary

For those of you who didn't check the main forum, my girl(s) backed out of the fight. I hate that my training was in vain, but I'll get over it. It made me better overall.

I taught kid's and adult's class tonight because my trainers were out. Rolled after and got in some very slick rolls with some blues and a couple other purples. I was after legs tonight, which is just odd for me. I liked it though. :)

Friday I leave for NAGA, Sunday I leave for Florida. Yay!

14. Hillary

My last time training at Westside for the next month was tonight. Tomorrow, I'll teach the wimmins, but won't be the same. Friday I leave for NAGA, at which point they own my soul until late Saturday night when everything is packed up. Should arrive back in Little Rock about 1 pm Sunday, and I fly out to Florida for 3 weeks at 4:30. Sooooo excited. :)

Oh, my bling...let me show you it.
    [​IMG]

15. Optamix

Optamix New Member

no flat panel no care.

16. Hillary

Note that the power button is actually a pencil stub stuffed into the hole where the power button used to be.

17. Optamix

Optamix New Member

:bowdown:

18. LOLSTi

LOLSTi DTOM

Sorry, muffin. I'll try to step it up a notch.

Hope you're enjoying the vida em roxo. :)

19. Hillary

This is fucking nuts. I'm in Florida, to train, for three weeks. What college age girl does that? So stoked right now.

Renato and his wife are fucking awesome. They're also both midgets (5'5" and 5'2"), so I feel incredibly tall living in their home.

Training/diet start tomorrow, Portuguese immersion started when I got off the plane, haha.

20. SaviouR

SaviouR Dallas - Choke City :(

So this pretty much means that you'll always be sick right? :p

21. Hillary

Day .5 (cause it's not over yet)

Got in last night at 1 am, Renato's house is beautiful (his wife is the design on a dime QUEEN) and I adore my room. The weather is amazing and their dog speaks more Portuguese than I do, hahah.

Woke up at the crack of 9--I was really tired!--and went to eat a breakfast of cereal, fruit, and cafezinho com leite. Renato and his wife speak a LOT of Portuguese to me, and I can already converse better in one day. Unfortunately, I caught enough to hear that Renato and I will go running every morning at 7 and train twice a day...so I'm gonna be in fucking shape in three weeks. Went to the beach, cut some bamboo, and went to train. It's hot as fuck, but I got in some good rolls with Renato and another purple belt.

Came back to rest for a while, Renato had a lot of work to do so I went shopping with his wife. We talked a lot in Portuglish, talked for a while about being a girl in jiu jitsu and thanked her for trusting me enough to stay in her home. She seems to like me and is incredibly nice, not the stereotypical crazy Brazilian women you hear about. I'm gonna like talking more to her the next few weeks.

Off to train again!

22. LOLSTi

LOLSTi DTOM

cafezinho com leite = coffee + milk?

23. Hillary

Sim.

24. LOLSTi

LOLSTi DTOM

Ah. Obrigado. Meu francês nao faz bem em portugues. (I had to look up the verb. :o )

Boa Noite.

25. VanCandy

VanCandy New Member

lucky. I cant even scrape enough money together to train regularly. I live in one of the cheapest cities in american as well. I fail.