GUN Fair price on Sig p226?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Hops, Apr 30, 2004.

1. Hops

Hops OT Supporter

I went to the gun shop today and had a look at just about every 9mm they had. The gun that felt the best to me (without having a chance to fire it) was the sig, the rest just didn't feel as natural. But back to my question, what is the msrp, and what is a fair price to pay for a new p226? I've done searches and found a wide range in used and new guns.

2. ryanbum

ryanbum Its the one that says Bad Mother Fucker on it

3. D-FENS

D-FENS New Member

A while back, around xmas, I looked at every shop in my state, and all over gunbroker, and the best price I saw for a new one was $680. But I got used one for $575, with case and two mags. The salesman said that the only difference between a used Sig and a new Sig is the price. I believed him, because I don't know why he'd lie when the store had a bunch of new Sigs on display. So just buy a used one. I was also told that all Sigs have a lifetime warranty from the factory.

4. gtcrispy

gtcrispy New Member

I payed $500 for my 226, safariland 6004 holster, 4mags and 800rds of ammo :) I believe CDNN has police trade ins. You can get some good deals.

5. Hops

Hops OT Supporter

The place I was at had it tagged for over $800 ($810-$840, can't remember), going to keep looking.

Also, what kind of fees would I be looking at if I bought it online and had it sent to a FFL?

6. D-FENS

D-FENS New Member

Most FFLs in MA are willing to do the transfer for $25, plus shipping, you probably won't be looking at more than an extra $50 to get it off gunbroker or anything.