Failed motorcycle riding test... :sad2:

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by GCEX, Mar 23, 2004.

1. GCEX

GCEX Drifting Along

Showed up for the appointment today at 8a.m., failed, failed horribly. :wtc:

I always thought that the riding test was administered in this coned off area in the parking lot. I had come down there on the weekends looking for the circle and marks for the slalom cones, but couldn't find them, thinking they had recently repaved the area, fuck was I ever wrong.

Anyways, I'm chilling at the area where the cars wait for the test talking to the dudes in front of me, when I spot where the test was really administered. Holy shit, I almost crapped my pants. The entire area where the cone and the circle was located couldn't have been more than 6 feet wide and 30 feet long.

Ok, ok, I may be exaggerating but it was damn tiny, much smaller than I had thought. If you don't know you have to slalom through some cones, then immediately go into the circle, keeping your front tire inside the two lines for two times around the circle then exit and go through the cones again.

OMG, THE CIRCLE WAS SO SMALL!!!! I think that if they just said, ok, go around the circle twice I would've been ok, but you have to go through the cones first and then set up for the circle, all without putting a foot down.

:o I had already got a stern warning from the tester because I didn't check my blindspot when I moved the bike to the testing area. First attempt I made it through the cones fine, but when I was coming around for the circle I fucked up and put my foot down before I even got into the circle. :o :Ownedd:

Lady was cool enough to give me a second chance. :o Second chance I make it through the cones again then get into the circle, get halfway through the circle and fuck I'm going so slow I put my foot down again. :Owned:

Good lord, I'm going down there this Sunday and spend the whole day down there if I have to but I'm going to get this shit down. :wtc: I'm going to see if someone will rent me a tiny tiny ass dirt bike for this. Fuck the Gixxer is too big. :o "Slow and controlled speed, 2-3mph please" my ass. :o

2. mnewell

mnewell Lucy.

Get a little Honda 125/250 standard to ride and you'll be fine. Or take the MSF and not have to deal with taking the test at the DOL.

In Washington they won't let you ride a bike that you rented to take the test...

3. killteam54

killteam54 CBR600RR>*.sportbike

In NC we didn't even have the circle at the end, just the slalom twice with as much turn around room as we needed, as long as we used our blinkers. We had to come to a complete stop at every other cone and start again without putting a foot down 6 times in a row. I put mine down once and the guy didn't even care, I think he was kinda blind anyway. I also had a 400 to take it on, which made things a lot easier.

4. Stylerod

Stylerod 150mph in a swimsuit :eek3:

Those parking lot tests are just dumb. They don't do anyone any good. I heard some states are starting to use headphones in your helmet and the guy drives behind you in a car and tells you what to do while you are on the street. That a bit better I guess.

5. nosaj

nosaj OT Supporter

I took my test on a 650 pound harley fat boy, I passed just fine.

6. NicBolas

NicBolas New Member

I did mine on a Nighthawk 750 and did perfect. Of course this is Montana, so the guy was prolly eyeing a sheep or something. :dunno:

7. sleev

sleev It's sleep, life, and death It's speed, coke, and

don't feel too bad, out here you have to take a class before your test, and two of the guys with the most experience dumped their bikes during the class. Pretty fukin embarassing.

8. Wolf

Wolf No one plans to take the path that brings you lowe

Go take the MSF class instead. Everyone should take it. Just doing the DMV test isn't enough.

9. BlackCord96

BlackCord96 The Humble Magnificent.

:werd:

Plus the MSF evaluation test waives the DMV riding test. The people giving the test seemed pretty forgiving when it came to mistakes. My cousin put his feet down a few times, they passed him. :o

10. Wolf

When I took the MSF, one lady even fell over coming to a stop earlier in the day and she still passed.

11. mitsuguy16

mitsuguy16 New Member

if you didnt pass the first time, maybe it means you arent meant to be riding? :hs:

12. Wolf

It means you need more practice. If you fail it repeatedly, then you probably shouldn't be riding.

13. TheRightToRemainSilent

TheRightToRemainSilent I count six shots, nigga.

driving test around here =

pull out of parking lot on empty hwy...

go down to first turn around,make left

come back down hwy on opposite side

make left turn, come back to DMV, turn right into parking lot

walk inside, get liscense

i havent done it yet, but if i buy this FZR i should do it soon

14. GCEX

GCEX Drifting Along

:wtc: What state is this?

15. haselchicken

haselchicken Guest

That sounds like Texas. I did the same thing about 10 years ago when I got my license. Pulled out of the DMV drove through a neighborhood, came back and picked up my license. They had an officer following me; one honk was a right turn two honks was a left.

16. The Acclude

The Acclude Makin' love is cool, but sometimes she needs her h

making me nervous :hs: Ill be signing up soon :x: