Facebook game?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by nerd9, Aug 9, 2007.

1. nerd9

nerd9 OT Supporter

i've never approached this type of situation before.

long story short, there's a girl from my past who i just found on facebook. i was never close with her, but we generally knew of each other back in the day.

what's the best way to break this online barrier and hang out with her, or even to just exchange numbers ?

any advice would be appreciated. :bigthumb:

2. Sephiroth13

Sephiroth13 Beginning of the End

You could just say Hey, I don' know if you remember me, but I'm blah di Blah and I think your cool/nice/hot/slutty whatever. Wanted to know if you wanted to hook up sometime coffee, whatever, number digits. Just play it cool.

3. giz

giz Active Member

move it from online to real world as quickly as possible.

request to friend her, once accepted message her, shoot the shit/catch up on major life events, ask her to meet up with you and some friends.

thats what I would do.

4. kit99bar

kit99bar USPA Class 2, weak, old man!

that's about right man.
    Remember, you are a catch and she'd be lucky to get you. keep that in mind and do what giz suggests.
    Picking them up online is the easiest way.

5. jonno

jonno New Member

just keep poking her bro

6. Starfox

Starfox New Member

Facebook FTMFL, meet real people bitches.

7. danewreed

danewreed OT Supporter

wasting of time

8. verdiocchi

verdiocchi Oh snap!

This is actually how I met my current boyfriend. We went to middle school together and I played soccer with his sister in high school. We found each other on facebook through his sister, and exchanged a few, "Wow, it's been forever! How've you been?" messages. After a few messages he IMed me on aim (my sn is on my facebook profile) and we chatted some and caught up. I was living out of state at the time but was coming back to my hometown that weekend because I was getting ready to move back so he said if I had some free time he would love to take me for a drink. I said sure so we made plans. That drink turned into dinner on Friday, which turned into a rented movie and take out Saturday, brunch with his parents on Sunday...long story short that weekend actually turned into me staying in town for a week and a half, seeing him almost every day. He said he wanted a relationship right before I left town so when I moved back two weeks later we picked up where we left off. Things are still great!

I say the main thing is getting it offline and in person pretty quickly, but don't push it. I liked that he didn't push taking me out, just said something like, "Hey, if you've got a free evening I'd love to take you for a drink or two and catch up." It was no pressure but still showed that he wanted to see me. Worked out great for me! Good luck!

9. nerd9

nerd9 OT Supporter

thanks for the advice. to those saying i should move on, i've had a crush on this girl since forever but never acted on it.

now, through the help of the vag and just maturing in general, i definitely have a better grip on what i'm doing so i'm gonna give it a shot.

10. crazyb

crazyb New Member

what if the girl is someone you dont know from the past...just a new girl you want to talk to...will the same ideas work?

11. verdiocchi

verdiocchi Oh snap!

Probably not...you'd have to try things a different way.

If it's someone at your college (I'm assuming you're a college student since that's the majority of facebook users) I'd recommend sending some kind of message about something you have in common and see if you can get a conversation started. If so, get to know each other a little and then invite her to something you know she's interested in (possibly something school related like a football game etc).

I'd say going for someone you don't previously know is going to be much harder and seems to have a lower success rate...A lot of girls think any guy that tries to get to know them online is shady. Good luck.

12. giz

giz Active Member

find something you can talk about on her profile, message her about it. if it is funny, quirky, or somewhat random the better success you will have.

most people on facebook are there to network and meet new people so it shouldn't be hard at all to start someone talking, and from there you can guide the situation how you see fit.