f150 help!!!!!

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by BigPimpinCarter, Aug 1, 2002.

1. BigPimpinCarter

BigPimpinCarter alcoholic with an eyebrow piercing

Hey guys i need help. I just washed my f150, and i decided to wash down my engine. well at the local car wash, i used the engine degreaser and then i washed that off with the rinse option. now my engine is totally fucking up, acting like it is not running on all of it's cylinders. My dad thought it was the distributor but we are not for sure. the problem does seem to be getting better with time though. If any of you guys know whats up please help me out. carter

2. Wolvrin704

Wolvrin704 Guest

If you have the 4.6 then I can help you. There is water down on your spark plugs. I did something similar which is why I will never wash my engine. I changed my alternator last year, when I did I had to take the coolant line off from the engine. Its located near the 1st spark plug on the drivers side. Apparently I spilled some coolant when I took the hose off because after I was finished it ran extremely rough. I finally figured out what it was, took my air compressor and blew the hole out, removed the plug and cleaned it and then put the plug back in, ran fine after that. Thats the biggest problem with the 4.6 and its deep spark plug holes.

Hope that helps.

3. Snafu

Snafu more than meets the eye

same thing can happen on the 5.4's Those hole are pretty deep.

4. DetR6oit

DetR6oit New Member

Sensors can also easily get messed up by water. Do you have a throttle position sensor on you throttle body? when those go it won't want to idle right and won't run right.

5. cbremer

cbremer OT Supporter

if it's an older effie (i have a '90 w/351W), you probably have condensation in the distributor cap. Was the water you used to wash it heated at all?

I've steam cleaned my engine a couple of times, and each time it starts running like crap & stalling for an hour or so. I figured out that there was water inside the dist. cap, and it just needed to dry out. Pop the cap off, dry it out with a towel, then let it air dry for a few minutes. Or, blow it out with compressed air, if available. runs fine after it dries.

6. flynfrog

flynfrog Cool isnt Cheap

spray soem carb leaner in it then use some wd 40 to water proof it

7. OneDollarBill

OneDollarBill OT Supporter

If it is a 4.6 or a 5.4 then it is a coil pack
    they are about $50 and take a 8mm wrench and about 10 minutes to change (i can do it in 5)
    I change one out everytime it rains good (mainly cus Im really low)