F1 US Grand Prix

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by elysium, Jun 7, 2003.

1. elysium

elysium Guest

2. MPower6

MPower6 Guest

I sat in Section J on the front row, very good seats! Photos weren't too bad but the fence prevents any truely awesome pictures (so does my lack of photography skills so I didn't really lose a hell of a lot ;)). This year I think I might go same area but for top row instead of bottom, even though your further away I think the view might be better since you can see over the fence and into the pits and alot better for seeing turns 4 and 5.

Good thing you posted, I really need to get my tickets ordered! I can't belive I almost forgot....

3. elysium

elysium Guest

Do you remember if there were fences blocking your view from the in-field "terraces" ?

4. daft punk

daft punk New Member

just buy infield tickets
    the stands suck

5. curiousgeorgeM3

curiousgeorgeM3 naughty little monkey

Yup. i sat in the second row right at the end of the front straight. This year if I sit in the stands I will be higher where you can see more of the track.

6. elysium

elysium Guest

MPower6/CGM3: Do you guys agree with AMG about the infield seats?

7. curiousgeorgeM3

It depends. High bleacher seats allow you to see more of the action but infield seats allow you to see the action of one or two turns close-up. I am actually ok with either.

8. MPower6

MPower6 Guest

Ditto with curiousgeorge, kinda they both look pretty good to me. I've never sat in the infield so I can't say from experience, but the view looked pretty good. I'm going for the high bleachers this time though....

9. curiousgeorgeM3

Last year we kinda got the best of both worlds. For Sat we walked around and spent most of the time in the infield so we saw a lot of close action. Then for the race we were in the bleachers. Not sure what I want to do for this year.

10. MPower6

MPower6 Guest

Just ordered my USGP tickets! :big grin: I heard from several people that stand G had a good view, so I'm giving that a try for the race. And, unlike last year, I'm going to the qualifing! I regreted not going last time, but I'll be there this time... wahoo I'm excited now! :big grin:

Now to see how much I'm gonna get mugged for on a hotel room....