FRK F/s girls- birth control

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Elfling, Nov 2, 2009.

1. Elfling

Elfling New Member

So, question for you ladies. I went off the pill about a year and a half ago and got an IUD; my main concern was sex drive (or lack thereof).

Fast forward to now and I honestly don't think I've noticed a difference. I'm finding out that arousal is just mainly mental for me and I'm just wound too tight most of the time and need to come home and relax. I'm also finding this relates a lot to sex and kink; it's a lot easier for me to get aroused when it's sliding over into D/s than just "oh hey it's the weekend let's fuck", and I think it has to do with the mental "game" as it were.

Rambling way of asking for all you lovelies' input :o what BC do you use? How do you feel about sex drive and the mental portion of kink?

2. RougeOgre

RougeOgre FS Librarian and MOD

No help here, I am on the permanent kind.

My FS play is always with the BF, so that kind of gives me the double mental boost. :naughty:

3. Elfling

Elfling New Member

:naughty: Yeah, I just talked to my boyfriend about it. He said I'm just too damn OCD in general and that's what gets in the way. The only time he says he noticed me being 24/7 on is when I was going hardcore with the dom, likely because I had someone telling me to relax all the time.

4. Lovely Atlantis

Lovely Atlantis Luscious Lovely Lady!

I've had major problems with BC fucking up my sex drive. After years of switching to try different pills with no help I finally figured out that it's the estrogen in them that does that to me. So I'm now on a progesterone only pill (aka the "mini pill"- it's usually just used for breast feeding mothers) and it doesn't seem to interfere at all.

As far as drive for the kink stuff... that's kind of complicated. I really WANT that stuff, but sometimes I don't at the same time. At first with my Protector it was always that type of thing. So I had the same thing as Rouge in a way- it was easy to associate kink with Him, so the sex drive and drive for that went together. But over the last 6 months he hasn't wanted anything kinky anymore :-(

5. Elfling

Elfling New Member

It's all so complicated, isn't it? /sigh

Fun stuff should be *easy*.

6. 4thgenceli

4thgenceli Active Member

The wifey had issues w/ the pill & the depo shot. She went on Ortho and hasn't had an issue with sex drive at all, no differences (well, until she gets pregnant then she rapes me nightly).

7. 4thgenceli

4thgenceli Active Member

LOL LOL LOL.

That's how she was on the shot. Moody at times, no sex drive, and weight gain. Pill just straight up didn't work.. (got pregnant & miscarried the child). It's hard to say what works best though, hell I've had to help her sisters figure out BC for them (talk about odd conversations....).

8. Elfling

Elfling New Member

Yeah, it's HUGELY individual. I love my IUD for the most part- but now that I don't have extra estrogen regulating stuff, I get migraines around certain times of my cycle, I have cystic acne, and I get PMS like nobody's business. None of that helps me feel any sexier :o At least on the pill I was stabler mood-wise.

In looking back over my journals, I'm really starting to feel like birth control hasn't been an issue in and of itself with regards to my sex drive. I'm just very regimented and scheduled in my day to day life; I have a pretty busy job with a fair amount of stress and I have a very submissive boyfriend, so if I'm not in the mood, it's not happening pretty much.

Thanks for the input :wiggle: always nice to hear from people who aren't all "ewww kink!" when it comes to sex.

9. Guz200sx

Guz200sx The man who does more than he is paid for will soo

My wife wants to get the patch but she can't until she stops breastfeeding :(

Besides using the rubber, nothing else we can do.

10. JoJoBee

JoJoBee Hanging out with my chicks! OT Supporter

Hmmm... Now I don't use any birth control. I got my tubes tied when I was 20 years old. The reason why I did so is because I didn't want anymore children (I have 1) and I was on depo for like three years and I hated it.

I hated depo for the weight gain and for my hormones being all over the place... I was always bitchy and didn't want to be touched. With the bitchiness and that along with the weight gain, I just didn't feel sexy at all and just wasn't into sex period.

Fast forward to now, eight years later, my sex drive is insane... I am always wanting it and sometimes wish that I was the typical normal girl and wanted it a little less so that I don't drive my boyfriend crazy... Sex daily is pretty much a necessity along with masterbation as well. It is pretty bad and I am only 28. I am going to need a pool boy someday... :mamoru:

11. yamahajenna

yamahajenna New Member

I have an IUD and I'm not sure if its just coincidence or what but I have the most amazing sex with my s/o. I've never had this many orgasms in my life and seriously can't get enough. We only see eachother 3-4 times a month so I guess that makes it different but if I could be with him everyday you can bet we'd be naked alot. Ugh I'm going on a week and a half of deprivation so this hot talk is too much for me :drool:

12. Colleen

Colleen Active Member

I went off birth control almost 2 years ago now. My sex drive went WAY up :cool:

I might go back on it though considering im now 3 months pregnant, I dont think i want another baby after this one right away.

13. Alaya

Alaya Active Member

Went from the same pill for years, which I didn't have any problems with at first, but then the last year or so I was on it just messed up everything - from my moods, to my sex drive, my breasts were CONSTANTLY tender to the point they were untouchable, etc. It was horrible.

Switched to mirena [IUD] about a year ago and I couldn't be happier :wiggle:

14. Deborah

Deborah Seeing is believing, but I don't want to know.

pill has lessened my sex drive, but it is still high. At this point I do anything to lower my sex drive or get rid of it.:hs: It is such a pain in the ass sometimes.

15. Elfling

Elfling New Member

I wish I could get my tubes tied :o not even a possibility until 35 around here, or so the four or five gynos I've consulted with have told me.

16. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

Please turn in your man-card. Sex every night would be awesome.

17. OniMinion

OniMinion ...recalls when this forum was actually about cars OT Supporter

I can only add this to the conversation:

It's much safer for guys to get their "tubes tied" than women.

18. just_another_on

just_another_on New Member

19. RougeOgre

RougeOgre FS Librarian and MOD

I went to several different ones and finally found one who was semi-open. Told him if he wouln't do it, I'd keep going to different doctors or do it myself. I was 29, told him I had been trying to get it done since I was 16 and was tired of not being taken seriously.

Cliffs: Keep trying

20. 4thgenceli

4thgenceli Active Member

Heh.. my wife is 4-5 weeks pregnant right now. I am having a VERY hard time keeping up with her. Her last pregnancy, the sex drive didn't pickup until 6-7 months into the pregnancy. She's wanting it harder, longer, etc twice daily (morning/night).

I told her I'm buying her a fucking vibrator & a remote control egg, as I really can't keep up. Last night I feel asleep doing vag doggy style right on top of her.

21. JoJoBee

JoJoBee Hanging out with my chicks! OT Supporter

I would not want to get rid of it, however I would be happy and content wanting it only once a day vs how I have been wanting it the past few years, especially more within the newer relationship I am in... Probably doesn't help that I am crazy about this guy or anything. :mamoru:
    How old are you if you don't mind me asking and do you have any children???

My doc went through all the options with me for b.c. and it just didn't appeal to me. I did not want anymore children and that was that.... He made me do some serious talks with him to make sure and let me know that what he is doing to me is pretty much a permanent option the way he does it and that it is going to be hard to reverse and if I were to reverse, there is only mid 70 percent of pro creating. I was definately sure that I wanted it done, so he did it.

You just need to find a doctor that understands what you want... It may take time. I just happened to get lucky and all with my doc, he is amazing.
    It is and it puts me asleep really nicely too!!!!! :wiggle:

22. StinkyBunny

StinkyBunny New Member

My wife was having SERIOUS issues with the pill, low libido, weight gain and moodiness. I got snipped and she was like a new woman.

As for getting "fixed" I agree with RO, keep trying, there are doctors that will do it and insurance companys would rather pay for elective sterilization than a birth. I tried to get snipped from the time I was 25 until it happened at 37. :o

23. greenpillow

greenpillow New Member

none.. husband was snipped ^_^