F&N crew ever had a broken rib (upper)??

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by nezfotnemom, Mar 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nezfotnemom

nezfotnemom OT Supporter

Managed to take a flying elbow from a 300lb guy at the dropkick murphys show and felt like i got stabbed.. Dealt with it for a week then went to chiropractor (next to my work, he sees me free) and he said hes pretty sure i broke a rib.. ITs an upper one like in the top inner of my chest.. Stickin out about a half inch and bruised.

My question is, has anyone ever had this? If so did you keep working outwith it? Am I sol on chest workouts for a while? Any way to speed up recovery. I did some light lifting today and it didnt hinder my strength at all just felt like I was gettin shanked while I did....

2. Reaver2218

Reaver2218 Active Member

Go to the doctor, numbnuts.

3. JAFAR

JAFAR FPS whore OT Supporter

You should definitely go to the doctor.

My first time snowboarding, I fell a lot and somhow managed to bruise the cartiledge joining my upper ribs to my sternum. :hs: I had to take a week off from the gym. I probably should have taken 2 weeks off, but the 2nd week I just lifted on vicodin. That was interesting.

4. nezfotnemom

nezfotnemom OT Supporter

Well I dont have insurance right now and doctor charges like a $50 non ins fee.... Besides give me some painkillers, whats the benefit of going to the doctor? I dont thnk hes going to pop it back in like the chiro!

5. Layne Staley

Layne Staley New Member

The only danger in breaking a rib is getting a pneumothorax or hemothorax, which you obviously didn't do because you're still alive and breathing.

Honestly, going to the doc will only get you an x-ray confirmation that your rib is broken and some vicoden. You can't splint or cast a broken rib....the best you could do is tape all the way around your body to give support. I would take a week or two off the gym and let it heal up though, no need to risk anything.

6. Cyrus The Virus

Cyrus The Virus Sha-Sha-Sha-Shiba

I broke a rib snowboarding when i was younger...it still pokes out on my side.

they will xray you to confirm there is a fracture, then wrap your entire ribcage, and send you home. there is nothing you can do about it.

dont take any deep breaths.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.