GUN F.I.D. Age Limit? (Legal Help Needed)

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Freekill, Mar 12, 2007.

1. Freekill

Freekill New Member

So heres the deal. Im currently 15 3/4, will be 16 before taking the state approved rifles and shotgun safety course, and i have parental permission and support to both get my license and buy a firearm. My question is, in Massachusetts, is it really legal for a 16 year old to get an FID? According to state gov't websites it is, but somehow im doubtful. Is there something ive missed?

2. 90free400e

90free400e New Member

3. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

F. I. D. ?

4. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

firearms id card, some states you need one to purchase any type of guns (NJ, Ma)

5. bigboostdsm

bigboostdsm New Member

Similar to the FOID here in IL?

I know here you can be like 13 to get one with parental consent. You can't get one without consent until you're 21.

6. ernest

ernest OT Supporter

You can get it at 15 with parental consent and a saftey course, 18 without consent. I got mine at 15.

FID covers shotguns and rifles as long as they arent semi autos that can take a magazine or semi autos hold more than 4+1.

7. D-FENS

D-FENS New Member

I live in MA as well, and I got mine at the end of the summer, 17 years old at the time. You're entitled to exactly the same rights as an adult FID holder, except you cant purchase guns and ammo till you're 18. But you can still have a low capacity rifle or shotgun without parental supervision, as well as ammo, as long as someone over 18 is the one who originally bought the gun and ammo (it's best if your parents can do this, just to avoid legal trouble with any strangers who agree to buy ammo, in case they try to call it a straw-man purchase or anything.)