f*d by the weather crew, signing in

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Morgan06, Jun 7, 2008.

1. Morgan06

Morgan06 New Member

I'm going to build a weather machine that always makes it 70 degrees, sunny with a breeze. But until then-

Past three days of severe overcast, rain and heavy thunderstorms.

Now four days of 100 degrees and 75% humidity. :squint:

Scheduling everything this week from 8-11 and from 3-6.:hsd:

2. Morgan06

Morgan06 New Member

So hot today.

08 BMW DkBlu : Client asked for my showroom package (inside/out medium scratches)- bumped him up another $70 for leather conditioner & touch up paint. Budgeted 8-11AM originally, with the upgrades 8-12; so four hours max.

10:45 rolls around and he comes out to ask 'Can you be done in 30 minutes?' and I explain that time limit is '...pushing it and I won't get to do touch up, either.'. He says be done in 30 minutes and keep the extra pay.

Score, my dudes, score. Got all the major shit done, fucking sweating buckets. Rushed out of there so fast I forgot to take the after shots :(

But I'll have some pics later including a decent reflection of me in a Puerto Rock ensemble including purple bandana under white NFL fitted. :)

3. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

The wind has been a huge bitch this week. Not just breezy but 25-35 mph with 40+ mph gusts since Monday. I can't set my towels down, it blows bottles of polish over, I have to lay my ladder down (when I have trucks or SUVs) or it will blow over. Dust has been a problem as well. Fucking getting on my nerves...but at least I can work in it. Last May through July, we had over 20" of rain and I lost more than half the business I had the prior year during that stretch. Mother nature can be a real cunt. :rant2:

4. kuzikan

kuzikan New Member

wow, its been like 75-80 here. maybe a little hotter. nut really nice. now i just need cars to detail lol

5. Morgan06

Morgan06 New Member

Pushed back my RV appt today, 95 degrees w/ 85% humidity. Working yesterday slowed me down enough- fuck doing a 37footer in this weather.

Still going to client's house this morning to talk about different options, wish me luck upselling him to full correction!

edit* They're letting alot of schools out early today, Heat & Air Quality Warnings across the state...

6. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Huge storms expected today and tonight and I can't get hold of my contact at the law firm I have several cars scheduled for today and the next two days to do. The lady I normally deal with is on vacation and the assistant to the owner of the company isn't in yet. I'd hate to get most of the work done on the two cars scheduled for today only to have it rain me out and then have to start from square one on the exteriors the next time I am out. It should only be allowed to rain on Sunday night into early Monday morning, from 11 PM to 3 AM so it doesn't fuck up our schedules, amirite?

7. Morgan06

Morgan06 New Member

I'll PM you the plans for my weather machine. Maybe we could get the detailing crew together on a group buy?

8. fallenauthority

fallenauthority OT Supporter

I hate Maryland weather, Today started out beautiful, probably about 80* minimal humidity, perfect detailing weather. Had 2 trucks scheduled today, got one completely done inside and out, moved onto the next, got it washed, wheels cleaned, clayed, and ready to wax, skies got a bit dark, i waxed the driver fender and the driver door and when i went to move to the bed, it started raining. So I had to run around packing up my equipment and such in the rain. On the good side of things i got to try out my little green machine and that thing rocks carpets, so easy to clean carpets now, i love it.