F*cked up teeth / braces.

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Sexican, Apr 29, 2006.

1. Sexican

Sexican New Member

So, as a kid I was very defiant and wouldn't listen to my parents when they told me I needed braces. I regret that more than anything I have ever done up to this point. I know alot of people look at teeth closely and are very peculiar about how nice someones "grill" is.

My bottom row of teeth are pretty bad...I mean, it's not absolutely repulsive, I just have a bit of crowding that makes me feel a little embarassed to fully smile. My top row isn't bad at all, and when I smile, only my top teeth show. Anyway, how important is a straight, white set of choppers?

The other thing is, I can still get braces, but I think I'll look like the only idiot 21 year old with braces because I never fixed them when I was younger.

=[

Last edited: May 1, 2006
  2. tominos

tominos New Member

2 years of braces is better than a lifetime of crooked teeth.

my parents forced me to get braces when i was younger too. i tried to not do it but i was forced.:squint:

3. crazy15

crazy15 New Member

my top teeth are perfect. But on my bottom i have like 2 crooked teeth :/ but when i smile you cant really see my bottom teeth so its no biggy. and even then, its only 2 teeth :p

4. Sexican

Sexican New Member

I want Invisalign !

5. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

I know a woman who is in her mid 40s and has braces; she even has to have the rubber bands on top/bottom to pull teeth where they should be, so she talks like a middleschooler :o

6. jbuffethed

jbuffethed Member

You can get the tooth colored ceramic ones too. I had them 4yrs ago and when I got married, they just took off the bands and wire and you couldnt even see the brackets.

7. jdw

jdw New Member

I'm in the same boat.. parents were way to lenient with my dental health. I've got horrid teeth and really need braces, but I'm still not sure it'll happen. I've got bad teeth all the way across the board though.. sucks.

8. Soren

Soren OT Supporter

i had clear brackets so all you could see was the wire :dunno:

9. Kinks

Kinks Sup. OT Supporter

I couldn't be fucked getting braces. I was going through the whole yes-or-no thing when my best friend got them and he whinged non-stop about them. So I decided not to bother.

My teeth add character anyway. They make me look like Goofy :p

10. BedBunny

BedBunny Guest

do it now.. or you'll keep regretting it more and more.

11. Quinny

Quinny New Member

DO IT. Im wearing train tracks at the moment. Probably one of the best decisions ive ever made. Ive only got a few months to go so my teeth are looking much better. Also i was lucky in that you cant really tell ive got them on unless i smile. And i can still talk properly too.

12. Quinny

Quinny New Member

Oh and the pain is nothing. Anyone that whinges about the pain is just a fucking pussy.

13. marauder

marauder New Member

Don't worry get them you won't regret it and you won't look like an idiot or anything.

14. marauder

marauder New Member

I had them in the past it's nothing to worry about it's not realy a pain more annoying sorta feeling, if you teeth feel a bit sore though just drink hot drinks.

15. jonno

jonno New Member

i got braces and then didnt wear my retainer and my teeth are shitty again :o

16. foreverLost

foreverLost New Member

its not that bad! its SOOO worth it to get it done now instead of being self conscious about it for the rest of your life! i had braces for 3 years, i had really gappy teeth, now theyre perfect! you can always do invisalign (sp?) or get clear brackets, but if you;re a smoker - they'll turn yellow!

17. lick wid nit wit

lick wid nit wit Official OT Oracle

One of the best/smartest things I did was get my fucked up grill fixed when I was 26.

My top teeth weren't that bad, they just sloped inwards and one of my front teeth overlapped the other one. My bottom teeth were way fucked up though. three years later (got 'em off at 29) and I have a beautiful smile. I'm 33 now and still wear my top retainer at night and have the bottom one cemented in there. Teeth haven't moved a smidge.

Best $5500 I ever spent. I tell ya!

18. crazy15

crazy15 New Member

if you are worried about braces and such i would suggest looking into invisalign. It is a little more expensive than braces, but they are almost impossible to see unless you are looking for it. Also you can take them out whenever, so on a big night you don't need to wear it. They say you need to wear it 20 hours a day, but after about 4 months of that i only started to wear it at night, my ortho didnt notice and said my teeth were where they were supposed to be.

19. Scuba

Scuba New Member

i suggest invisalign too. i had them for a little more than a year and they fixed a gap in my teeth and some minor crowding and an overbite. the only thing that sucks is taking them out every time you eat. some people get grossed out because all of the saliva is on them, but oh well your teeth will be straight ;)

20. lick wid nit wit

lick wid nit wit Official OT Oracle

My parents made my sister and brother get them but by the time it was my turn, they didn't bother.... I don't know why. Assholes. I wanted braces as a kid. I thought they were cool.

21. jmezz

jmezz layin in bed stretchin my pumped quads for hours

I got braces when I was in 9th grade. My teeth were royally fucked and I had to have lots of teeth pulled. I hated goin through all the shit, like the wire tightening and stuff.

I just got them off in November of 05, and I'm about to turn 21.

When I got them off and saw my smile, I told my parents that braces were probably the best thing they ever bought me.

22. Bruticus

Bruticus half dead OT Supporter

They aren't really a big deal and you'll feel great after them. If you can afford it, go for it.

23. sportsjunkie

sportsjunkie OT Supporter

go see a dentist and see what your options are first

If you want straight teeth and the dentist says the best way to go about it would be braces, then i say get them

in my opinion, an older person (or any person for that matter) who has braces only means that they care about their health/appearance. ;)

24. suped

suped New Member

Same thing here, one of my lower teeth overlaps an upper tooth.
    I was a pretty stupid 14 year old :/ (I'm 18 now).

Dunno if its worth going through again just for that one tooth.

25. svetlanalemon

svetlanalemon A little blood and vomit on the car seat...

pain? oh the pain is the LEAST of it; there is very minimal to no amount of pain, depending on how messed up your teeth are.... and the pain isnt consistent throughout the duration of time you have braces, its just a day or two after you get them tightened.

anyway, you should consider it.