eyetv owners, question about recording

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by dorkultra, Oct 6, 2007.

1. dorkultra

dorkultra OT's resident crohns dude OT Supporter

i'm thinking of picking up the eyetv for my macbook. i'm wondering if i would have the ability to record off of composite inputs.
    more specifically, record off of macrovision protected composite inputs

2. Euclid

Euclid New Member

I think anything you can play, you can record. :dunno:

I'd try it and not worry about Macrovision until it starts to cause problems for you.

What do they use macrovision on except for like old VHS tapes?

3. skolen

skolen Guest

Unless he wants to copy DVD's off a stand-alone dvd player. But what system are you using that doesn't have one?

4. dorkultra

dorkultra OT's resident crohns dude OT Supporter

well, heres my plan. I'm going to buy all of the beetlejuice cartoon vhs tapes and I'd like to put them on dvd, with chapters and shit. possibility of selling them on ebay (not sure about the legality of that though...)

i have a couple of options for VHS capture. i'm not sure if the tapes are macrovision protected, i will soon see. my girlfriend has a dvd recorder, I know for sure that it will not allow for macrovision protected recordings. however, this would be pretty easy because I could burn a dvd and then cut it up on my macbook etc.

Also, and this is my best choice, I have an ATI all in wonder 9600 card in my pc that will accept composite inputs. It will not record macrovision protected material, unless I replace a few files and hack the registry.

if that doesn't work, i *could* buy a video stabilizer, but it would be a waste of money because I would only use it this one time.

i was just wondering if eyetv was hacked or whatnot. i might just pick up an eyetv because of the dvr functions of it

5. CarRamRod

CarRamRod The schnozzberries taste like schnozzberries.

Hella illegal.