MIL Eyesight

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by PFC Lowell, May 12, 2006.

1. PFC Lowell

PFC Lowell Velox et Mortifer

I am looking to join the army. I am mainly looking to get into a combat arms MOS. The only bottleneck that I may have is my eyesight. In a nutshell, it sucks ass. My vision is somewhere around 20/300. Corrected, It's 20/20. I am wondering if any kind of corrective vision surgery is allowed for combat arms soldiers. I have heard that some types of eye correction do not allow the patient to go above a certain altitude. Would eye correction not allow me to join airborne/ranger/special forces? Thanks for any replies. Sorry if my vocabulary lacks the correct military jargon.

2. smokie700

smokie700 right near da beach, Boiiiii

You can wear glasses in combat arms MOS's. You best bet would be to talk to a recruiter over the phone and ask the question. Also check out www.military.com

3. PFC Lowell

I forgot to add that I'm not wearing glasses unless there isn't anyother choice.
    I'm still have a year until I can even join the army (Gotta finish HS :hs:) So I don't think I want a recruiter telling me that I should join at 17.
    Thanks for the reply. Sorry for my noobishness

4. PFC Lowell

Thank you very much. Now I just gotta keep n shape till I'm 18 :coold:

5. Accord

Accord New Member

My best friend in med school right now on the army's dime always brags about how he isn't going to have any liability if he fucks up and i'm just like :ugh2:. Is this a common attitude among military doctors or is my friend just an ass?