Eye contact theory

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by 2angelmd, Mar 13, 2008.

1. 2angelmd

2angelmd New Member

Some of you may have read about this in another thread but I thought I'd get some feed back in thread dedicated to the Eye contact theory.

I've read/heard the theory that if two strangers have unbroken eye contact for six seconds or more they will do one of two things; fight or have sex.

Six seconds is a long time to share eye contact with people you know, so before you jump to say you're doing it for six seconds but not screwing or fighting consider the actual length of six seconds.

In my personal experience I've had this happen several times. Usually with just about 4 seconds of eye contact. I didn't break it down and start screwing the girls right then and there but something happened after second two that signaled it was definitely going to happen.

Anyone else have this experience of sustained eye contact leading to some sort of physical confrontation sexual or violent?

2. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

great thread, will try.

usually though the other person looks away if it's a threatening kind of eye contact. like in nyc.

sometimes it's just a staring match. no violence, no sex.

but with girls, if you have e.c. for 6 seconds, it's surely on.

3. 2angelmd

2angelmd New Member

I think there are different qualities of eye contact you can make. Threatening, staring match, bedroom eyes, etc.

I'm going to practice more.

4. KindlyCuddly

KindlyCuddly Irina Lazareanu

I classify all unsolicated eye contact as an invasion of sorts, but I'm weird. :cool: I couldn't imagine two strangers staring at each other for six seconds straight without any pretense, unless it's one of those awwwkward "caught you staring at me and now I won't look away until you do" situations.

5. ww_Crimson

ww_Crimson New Member

I will try this on Saturday.

6. demosnat

demosnat New Member

I assume you mean eye contact without conversation? If I make conversation with a stranger I still make eye contact

7. nsane

nsane New Member

I made eye contact with a girl for about this amount of time. Things could have gone further, but alas; I have a girlfriend and wouldn't want things to happen :(

8. Master Splinter

Master Splinter OT Supporter

I'll give this a shot Friday, going out with a girl I met at work, I'll give her the stare down and hopefully sex will be the end result, or I'll creep her out, either way should be entertaining.

9. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

really? it's a two-way stare, with the subtext that "it's on," usually both people break into smiles. i don't find it difficult to picture at all.

10. chlywly

chlywly Active Member

It's a pretty valid generalization.......

11. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

12. uwofrost

uwofrost New Denver Crew

i have had that at bars.... i guess you just know that the person is into you so it starts things rolling.... IDK 6 sec is a long ass time

13. eskarinna

eskarinna New Member

Done it at work stared with a coworker for probably 20 sec neither one happen, however he got what i was trying to tell him without me having to say anything so my boss doesn't hear what i tought of his ways :X

14. 2angelmd

2angelmd New Member

Like I said above, there are different qualities of eye contact, and just because nothing happened immediately after your supposed 20 second stare down doesn't mean something won't happen in a week.

15. uwofrost

uwofrost New Denver Crew

True story... you can see someone but not have the chance at that time it doesnt mean that the next chance encounter doesnt lead to something from the first.

16. kronik85

kronik85 New Member

decent theory. there's a situation i call "the eye", it's that look from a girl where you know it's on. it's that lustful yet flirty gaze, that lasts several seconds, and if you don't make an ass out of yourself when you meet her, the odds are stacked in your favor.

17. Ted Bundy

Ted Bundy New Member

wow i never really thought about this. but remembering some of my random hookups it makes good sense. nice observation.

18. Leah

Leah Well-Known Member

That is fascinating to me. I don't have a problem looking people I barely know in the eye when I'm having a conversation or something, but if I make eye contact with a complete stranger just in passing, I NEVER maintain it for longer than a couple of seconds. :o

Then again, I'm actually pretty shy. I just started a new job and there was a guy there the other day who I felt was trying to make eye contact...I looked for like a split second, he smiled and kept looking, I blushed like a schoolgirl, ducked my head and kept walking. LoL

With women, if a chick were looking at me directly for more than a few seconds, I would feel like she was trying to stare me down...and I like to avoid confrontation so if some bitch is giving me the eye I just ignore her.

19. nezfotnemom

nezfotnemom OT Supporter

I did this once.. But I ran into a fence because I was staring and walking. She just laughed and I jsut walked away like a retard. Maybe she wanted some nez, but I probably killed it, along with my confidence for that moment...

20. Xicculus

Xicculus OT Supporter

This is a pretty cool thread :cool:

21. JT07

JT07 OT Supporter

i will try this with one of the freshman in my school

22. fray

fray New Member

how are they a big part of your art? got any cool stuff I can see? I'm into eyes!

23. JT07

JT07 OT Supporter

nice...ill look at those later :o

24. fray

fray New Member

I love your animal doodles and love love love your 'what dreams may come' watercolor!!

25. fray

fray New Member

not the dreamscape (although that was pretty cool too), this one http://723.com/Aquakittie/pic/11777/