Eye Contact + Smile = ?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by arsbu, Aug 20, 2008.

1. arsbu

arsbu New Member

I suck with girls so I still don't know what to do with this. I've never gotten eye contact and a smile in bar/party situations, but I always get it from daily life and I don't know what it means (i.e. getting on a bus, etc.). Just today I was walking home and a girl was moving into her new apartment and I made eye contact and smiled. I was going to ask if she needed help but then I thought maybe she was just being friendly and not interested. What exactly does eye contact and a smile mean?

2. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

It means "Hey, if you open me, I'll at least consider it."

3. buddha724

buddha724 New Member

depends...

it could be genuine or it could be a fake forced smile. if it's a tight-lipped smile then don't bother. there are other signs of a "fake" smile too... i.e. if the corners of the eyes don't get that squinty look then it could be forced.

i'm no expert by any means, but i've done some reading on body language and those are a few of the signs i've learned to look for.

4. BlackIce72

BlackIce72 New Member

"you bring out a pleasant side in me"

women don't smile in bars/clubs as much [emphasis added] for a couple reasons: they are VERY self conscious of how they look and how they come across; they are aware of the agenda guys have and protect themselves a bit from that

agenda != intent

intent is cool

5. LBFilmGuy

LBFilmGuy LOL why u mad tho?

If you feel it's genuine, walk up and introduce yourself.

6. Timer

Timer Guest

Say hi. If she doesn't react, say bye.

7. CorpseStreet

CorpseStreet New Member

I don't think it meant much. People tend to smile when they notice some one makes eye contact. If she was interested she would have said something. I say you don't bother getting your hopes up.

8. deleterious

deleterious OT Supporter

how do you know she wasn't saying the same thing? if he doesn't talk to me he's not interested...
    point is, what do you got to lose? nothing, except maybe a little self confidence from rejection.

9. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Means you've got a hell of a lot more of a shot than with the girl who ignored your eye contact and doesn't smile.

10. God of Thunder

God of Thunder New Member

it aggravates me how right you are with everything :)............seriously though, to the OP, just balls up. Once you gain that confidence you can talk to anyone, seriously, its a crazy feeling to have to know you can just walk up to someone and carry on a conversation, but next time it happens, just say "hi" and see where it goes.

11. bjonesy77

bjonesy77 New Member

Well, as easy as it is to say "just give it a shot, try to talk to her and if she reacts you'll know" but for some its not so easy. I'd look for signs of a fake or forced smile like someone else said. If she blushes a little, maybe fumbles a little, looks downwards while still smiling, that sort of thing. Usually you can tell a fake smile from a real one. Now if you make eye contact, she smiles, you smile, she looks downwards, then back up to meet your eye contact again (like in the movies) you're golden. Make the move

12. NCS

NCS Active Member

it's an invite to start a conversation

13. huntz0r

huntz0r New Member

Nothing worthwhile is easy. Guess what, if you keep forcing yourself to do it, it gets easier.
    No. Stop hesitating and trying to find excuses not to take a risk. Especially if you don't already know what is a good look and what isn't from experience, trying and failing. Stop thinking. Stop prequalifying. DO.